Boldt Pools and Spas is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working leader for the retail store. We pride ourselves on our community-based store, and want someone who can carry on this attitude in their work. We are a seasonal business, operating on a smaller staff in the winter months, and a full staff from spring to fall, but this position is full-time, year-round. The Retail Store Manager’s main areas of focus is store operations including sales, staffing, and inventory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive for Results – Ensures the highest level of customer service is provided in the store. Communicates and successfully promotes programs aimed at increasing business. Sets an example with constant customer interaction on the selling floor and accountability for personal sales results. Recruits and selects the appropriate personnel to staff the store and ensures all employees are trained and developed in product knowledge, selling techniques, and loss prevention. Frequent one-on-ones are conducted to ensure Associates goals are achieved.
- Merchandising – Manages a collection within the store to ensure strong sales results are being driven through the successful implementation of all company merchandising guidelines. Utilizes business reports and sell-through. Ensures the replenishment systems are followed and the store standard expectations are consistently met.
- Human Resources – Resolves all HR issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with the HR Department when necessary. Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Operations – Works in conjunction with the Assistant Manager in managing all areas of the daily operations of the store. Schedules employees and ensures that the sales floor is adequately staffed and supervised. Ensures all paperwork is completed promptly with attention to detail.
- Stock – Maintains efficient systems of receiving stock shipments, transfers, markdowns, and handling of defective merchandise. Communicates all inventory issues to the appropriate parties. Assists in general house keeping duties within the store.
- Loss Prevention – Ensures all cash handling and LP policies and procedures are consistently enforced. Ensures store’s profits are maximized through effective inventory control.
- Sales – Identifies current and future requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Education level: Post-Secondary Preferred
- Experience: Strong background in leadership, sales, and customer service. Retail Management is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attentive and detail oriented when accomplishing all tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand budgets, sales and daily goals.
- Proficient with computers.
- Open availability and able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary to be negotiated based on experience. Competitive Benefits Program.
Job Type: Full-time