JOB TITLE: Diagnostic & Screening Coordinator - Causal position
REPORTS TO: Director, Clinical Service Integration
LOCATION: Copeman Healthcare- 400 - 628 12th Ave Sw, Calgary Alberta
The Diagnostic & Screening Coordinator is accountable and responsible for all areas related to screening and diagnostic testing at Copeman Healthcare Centre.
As a key contact person for clients, physicians, staff, suppliers and guests, this team member is the voice and face of the company in many instances. Therefore, the Diagnostic & Screening Coordinator needs to present a professional image at all times. Although the position involves considerable multi-tasking, the Diagnostic & Screening Coordinator is expected to remain pleasant and courteous at all times.
Definition: we are accountable to our clients our stakeholders, and each other.
The Diagnostic & Screening Coordinator is accountable and responsible for all areas related to Laboratory. Further explanation of the role being described. The major areas of the role are:
- Respect individuals and their rights regardless of race, religious beliefs, color, gender, physical and / or mental disability, marital status, family status, economic status, education level, age, ancestry or sexual orientation;
- Performs tests and diagnostic examinations on patients including but not limited to tonometry, audiograms, visual acuity, phlebotomy, urine collection, processing and accessioning; shipping and analysis of samples;
- Conducts resting ECG’s and spirometry-based pulmonary tests;
- Conducts 24hr blood pressure testing when required;
- Conducts manual matching of results in profile;
- Conducts height & weight checks
- Maintains all diagnostic equipment and liaise with medical equipment suppliers as required, and notifies manager when equipment needs to be serviced or replaced;
- Maintains a clean, tidy, organized work environment;
- Documents diagnostic results in the chart and enters results manually as required;
- Works safely, respects and follows safety policies and regulations; scans the environment for things that may pose a safety risk and makes adjustments as required. Encourages others to utilize safe and healthy work practices;
- Maintains supply of sterile instruments for use in procedures by monitoring use and cleaning, packing and autoclaving as needed;
- Researches supplies required by the clinic staff. Assesses quality, price and sources different suppliers when available;
- Orders medical supplies for the procedure room;
- Orders vaccines
- Facilitates Holter Monitoring (Vancouver);
- Access and manage the QA of lab processes;
- Maintains exceptional organizational and customer service skills;
- Completes tasks in a timely manner;
- Attends company meetings to gather information, contribute to discussions, and stay up to date on events occurring within the clinic;
- Other duties as assigned.
Definition: we operate at the forefront of medical services and drive change that unlocks new value.
- Supports change and innovation. Is comfortable with a changing environment and is adaptive to such an environment
- Provides feedback to their leader on Centre operations and ideas for improvements;
- At the direction of management perform duties for affiliated companies;
- Recognizes Copeman Healthcare’s importance in the healthcare environment;
- Commits to continuous learning and becoming knowledgeable and proficient with new processes.
Definition: we work together for the benefit of our clients.
- Collaborates with medical, kinesiology and dietitian staff for thorough understanding of their specific needs;
- Collaborates with CSC and CCC staff in regards to client bookings, etc.;
- Ensures accuracy of all communication with co-workers, suppliers and doctors’ offices;
- Interacts with testing laboratories as required;
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with clients, staff, suppliers and other healthcare providers in the community;
- Communicates with staff, clients and outside contractors in a honest, positive and solution orientated manner;
- Provides support to other staff as assigned.
Definition: our strength is our people, we foster the development and success of our team.
- Assists with follow up and thank-you’s to our clients and professional associates;
- Contributes to team performance by providing encouragement and support. Helps others overcome obstacles and successfully accomplish goals;
- Interacts professionally with clinic staff and contractors, clients and family members with a positive attitude (team player);
- Contributes to a positive workplace culture by interacting in a positive, professional, collaborative manner with coworkers, clients, family members and contractors.
Definition: we pursue excellence in everything we do and seek to deliver the highest standards of medicine.
- Assesses problems or situations using effective logic to gain important information to problem solve and respond when dealing with situations such as booking problems, testing requirements, missing lab requisitions, equipment issues, missing results, etc.;
- Proactively engages in problem solving and/or trouble shooting as necessary when issues arise;
- Maintains service levels to promote and meet our client promise;
- Understands the programs and services of the Copeman Healthcare Centre to provide clients with accurate information when questions are asked;
- Observes and practices company policies on a consistent basis such as to limiting discussion with co-workers while in public areas to work related items;
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to deal with last minute changes to ensure the highest level of service for staff and clients;
- Looks for ways to expand knowledge in order to improve troubleshooting skills.
Definition: we deliver on the needs of our clients.
- Ensures in the booking of appointments that proper balance is maintained between client preferences and efficiency of the operation;
- Applies the Copeman Healthcare Centre’s systems and processes for patient follow up and relationship building;
- Greets individuals with a friendly and helpful demeanor and a smile. Provides clients/patients with undivided attention.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certification;
- Minimum 3 years of practical work experience in phlebotomy and performing ECG’s;
- CPR Certification;
- Basic knowledge of desktop computer systems and Microsoft Office;
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate preferred
- You will be required to work in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting. Typically you would work office hours however; some flexibility may be required to accommodate service requirements for the operation.
- May require travelling to other sites (West Vancouver)
- You will be working in an office environment, which may require extended periods of time completing computer related work as well as standing for performing the lab related tasks. You will work an eight hour day with an additional minimum of half hour for lunch. You may be required to travel for meetings and centre support.
If you are interested in applying to this position, submit your resume and application at www.copemanhealthcare.com, under about us - careers.
Job Type: Casual
- Medical Laboratory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Phlebotomy: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Medical Laboratory Assistant (Preferred)