Summer Co-op Work Term starting in May 2020 (8-month preference, even better if work term to permanent is possible.)
Posting will close on February 18 at 10am Pacific Time
We are growing faster than your last batch of sea monkeys and are seeking a passionate Recruitment Assistant co-op student to join our team of 65+ employees. Your primary responsibility is to support FreshWorks’ hiring team in all recruitment-related functions, working closely with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, HR Manager and Leadership Team. You’re pumped to be a part of the FreshWorks team and take pride in being an ambassador of our brand which you demonstrate in every interaction with candidates and community members.
Your day-to-day will include communicating with candidates via phone and email, coordinating interview loops across impossibly busy days, posting jobs, and assisting with community events, all while ensuring the highest quality candidate experience. You understand the urgency that comes with locking in top tech talent (say that 3x fast!) and use your creative and bold nature to get the job done - whether scheduling important interviews over senior team members’ yoga classes or crafting thoughtful and compassionate candidate rejection emails.
As the Recruitment Assistant, you demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills in your work. You’d much rather be busy than bored, and the idea of networking and creating new relationships makes your palms sweat with excitement rather than with fear. You’re a “people [ops ;)] person”, a creative solutions-focused thinker, a hard worker and thrive when given the chance to own entire processes.
- Act as the main point of contact between candidates and the Hiring Team including assisting with proactively sourcing candidates, screening resumes, coordinating interviews, and completing reference checks;
- Maintain ownership over the ATS to ensure candidate statuses are up to date, communication is prompt and passive candidates remain engaged;
- Post approved postings to the ATS, job boards, social media and other publications as required;
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and run recruitment campaigns to extend the company’s public reach;
- Work with the rest of the People Ops team to develop policies, procedures, and strategies to improve the candidate hiring experience at FreshWorks;
- Assist as required with community and recruiting events such as open houses, recruiting fairs, student workshops, and People Ops community events;
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the Leadership and People Ops teams such as creating or formatting documents/templates, arranging related activities/meetings, etc.
Need to Haves
- Completed registration in an accredited Canadian post-secondary co-op program;
- Strong service-quality experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking, and administrative skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we need to know EXACTLY where that piece of spinach in our teeth is;
- The ability to act as a key ambassador for FreshWorks’ employer brand.
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience in recruiting/hiring;
- Experience working with developers and non-technical staff;
- Experience using an ATS (Applicant Tracking System) or CRM;
- Working knowledge of G-Suite programs;
- Familiarity with any of the following software: Trello, Slack, Calendly.
- When it comes to hiring, all relationships are (hopefully!) longterm relationships.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates that are available for an 8-month work term, or better yet, have the capacity to continue on as a full-time permanent employee after your co-op work term.
Please clearly state 1) your availability in your cover letter and state 2) which accredited Canadian post-secondary co-op program you are a part of; applications without this information will not be considered. Additionally, please attach a copy of your unofficial transcript to your cover letter.
[http://freshworks.io/careers] to learn more about our benefits and culture.