Internal/External Job Posting
$19.59 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits = ($22.33 per hour) 2020 rates
JB05 – Program Instructor III
HOURS OF WORK:
20 hours per week, July-Aug mostly weekday daytime hours; Sept-Dec evening and
weekend hours (temporary)
June 29th, 2021, at 12:00pm
Are you an outgoing, energetic, flexible person looking to build your resume in the world of
recreation? West Shore Parks & Recreation is excited to support new workers and youth to the workforce
through the creation of our Program Attendant role to provide valuable work experience for individuals
specifically in recreation. Under the direction of the Youth Programmer, the Program Attendant will spend
their summer making sure our campers and parents end up in the right place to enjoy a fun filled experience
at WSPRS! The Program Attendant will provide short intervals of back up support to camps while the mornings
are being sorted out, provide administrative support; gathering paperwork for campers and camp leaders,
along camp and first aid supplies.
JOB DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- During summer camp, meet families and participants providing customer service and information.
- Direct and check people into their program area.
- Assist with the flow of patrons during busy program intake periods.
- Help with program preparation with supplies, emergency forms, equipment and materials.
- Summer camp program preparations.
- Participate and implement the regular COVID safety plan: ensuring physical distancing and correct
patron traffic flow, sanitize high traffic touch points and equipment for continued use, refilling spray
bottles, restocking PPE supplies and first aid kits.
- This position provides opportunities to be trained to work in frontline programs such as drop-in sports,
youth drop-in, afterschool care and camps, providing support and programming to patrons.
- Increase efficiency and assists with creating a positive experience for patrons.
- Assist marketing programmer with social media presence, program promotion and updates.
- Outside of COVID-19 restriction times, we are able to offer our dedicated staff a free facility pass for
drop-in use of the weight room, the pool, the skating rink and our drop-in fitness classes.
- Other duties as required.
- This position is based on grant funding in an effort to provide work experience within recreation and is
open to those aged 15 to 30 years. Only this group will be considered in the hiring process.
- The ability to demonstrate volunteer work or extra curricular activities related to leadership and
working with children and youth.
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR C are required prior to commencing employment.
- Skills, knowledge, and experience with specific areas such as physical literacy, arts, crafts, and drama
- Ability to problem-solve and seek solutions.
- Ability to take direction and work as a team member.
- Flexible, and adaptable to new and changing programs, and people.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Imaginative and flexible personality required to ensure a fun environment for participants.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, and public relations skills required.
- Must enjoy working in an indoor and an outdoor environment.
A clear and current criminal record check is a condition of employment, and is the financial responsibility of
the successful candidate.
Resumes and cover letters quoting competition #21-15 to be received prior to June 29th, 2021, at 12:00pm,
Human Resources, West Shore Parks & Recreation Society, 1767 Island Highway, Victoria BC V9B 1J1,
(250) 478-8624; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a union position. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
June 15th, 2021