Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
The Executive Assistant provides efficient, professional and confidential administrative support to the members of the Management team.
As the ideal candidate, you would be a great communicator and comfortable interacting with people at all levels in the business community, and have the ability to build and maintain cooperation and teamwork within the office environment. As the consummate organizer, you manage competing priorities and tight deadlines. A self-starter and dedicated team player, you thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Provides confidential administrative support to members of the Management Team
- Scheduling correspondence, monthly expense reports, review incoming documents, etc.
- Prepare and maintain expense reports
- Manage the Executive calendar and coordinate schedules, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements
- Represents the Management Team by welcoming visitors, arranging corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the Executives and senior positions within the company.
- Handle phone calls, e-mails and inquiries and ensure that queries are directed to the proper person
- Provide support to the committees and the Board of Directors
- Participates in the preparation, drafting and edits of strategic planning documents and operating plans
- Prepare meeting documentation, presentations and agendas as required
- Receives and processes mail for the Executive team
- Coordinates catering for Executive team meetings
- Coordinates meetings or events and agendas
- Develops process templates and standards for meetings.
- Handles details of a highly confidential material.
- Conducts research and provides subsequent reports for various activities and projects.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals
- Prepare confidential correspondence for signature
- Other duties as required
Experience and Background
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Strong technology skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), web-based systems, report preparation and multi-channel communication
- A strong sense of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Legal Assistant background an asset
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls. Depending on your seniority and what you bring to the table, we’ll figure everything else out.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.