Job Advertisement – Junior Graphic Designer (temporary)
Established in 1979, Regency Fireplace Products, the flagship brand of FPI Fireplace Products International Ltd., is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of quality, high efficiency gas, wood and bio-mass fireplace products. We are headquartered in Delta, British Columbia and employ over 400 people across North America & Australia. Come and develop your career while enjoying our fantastic culture that promotes mutual respect, integrity and teamwork.
In this dynamic, fast paced environment, reporting to the Creative Director, the Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for working closely with the Sales, Marketing and Product teams to develop all aspects of visual marketing, including content creation, customer facing collateral, and communications while completing projects on time and on budget with a customer service approach, promoting all FPI products globally.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual who is creative and eager to gain some experience in this entry-level marketing role. Previous experience in graphic design will set the incumbent up for success in this role.
This is a temporary position that is expected to last three to four months. Hours of work will be full time (40 hours/week).
If this position sounds like a good fit with your skill set, please review the full details below:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create brochures, flyers and posters, product feature sheets, point of purchase materials and other advertising and marketing materials for deals and sales support teams
- Create concepts, effective graphics and layouts for advertising and promoting the company’s product within creative design objectives
- Communicate and protect brand integrity within distributed materials
- Meeting with stakeholders to translate their ideas into visuals
- Determine layout and typography, proofing, and creation of print-ready artwork
- Assist with copywriting
Web Design/Digital Strategy:
- Provide content for various websites
- Contribute to maintaining company website
- Create digital properties including brochures, promotions and related content
- Generate ideas for content solutions in digital media
- Utilize tools on a daily basis (scrums, project management) for developing end-customer insights including: personas, Marketing Demographic Segmentation (online dashboards), Customer (end) Journey Mapping, Marketing Funnel-Analytics Dashboard
- Provide support to Marketing team in developing the best possible product experiences in response to a constantly changing consumer
- Provide support to Marketing team in the development of template solutions for digital materials (web-brochures, web-video) that support similar look and feel user experiences for FPI’s digital properties.
- Provide support to Marketing team in the development of compelling digital stories across: web-video, web-friendly interactive brochures, interactive online product experiences, video blogs, etc.
- Understand web-store information architecture, work-flows and process diagrams. Support the team through reporting on customer interaction and behaviors
- Support team in developing interaction design and user experience strategies. Consult on mobile and web user centered design fundamentals.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and communication with key stakeholders
- Support marketing project development under the direction of the Creative Director
- Working with other Marketing team members, departments, branches and/or suppliers to complete projects.
- Assuring the completion of assigned marketing projects accurately, on budget and on time.
Customer Service and Teamwork:
- Planning and supporting all head office and branch meeting including presentation design
- Assuring complete record keeping digitally and hard copy for all projects and programs
- Assisting with aspects of dealer and consumer research
- Respond to general inquiries with a customer service focus
- Attend and participate in department and organization meetings
- Maintain professionalism and act in a manner consistent with FPI mission and guiding principles
- Follow all organizational Health & Safety programs; actively participate in Health & Safety training with the purpose of gaining knowledge and understanding
- Contribute to a positive work environment focusing on Lean and continuous improvement initiatives
- Other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator/Dreamweaver).
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and planning project work schedules.
- Excellent design skills as demonstrated by portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience and complete knowledge of how to execute a creative process in both print and web design.
- Experience in maintaining web sites (Kentico CMS an asset).
- Familiarity with email platforms such as Mailchimp and/or Vertical Response preferred
- Demonstrated experience working as collaborative team member.
- Degree or diploma in marketing/communications/graphic design.
- 1-2 years’ graphic design experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Compressed work schedules (with short Fridays)
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee events (Monthly Mingles, Summer BBQ, Holiday celebrations)
- Team Building / Health & Wellness activities
- Friendly environment with Peer Recognition program
- Smart Casual dress attire
- Free coffee and parking
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to the Human Resources Department by applying via this website.
We thank all applicants for applying but only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary