GIRATTA LAW is growing and we are seeking a highly motivated candidate that will help strengthen our team.
Attributes of Candidate:
- A strong client-service approach
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills; and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful, organized, and work with minimal instruction or supervision
- The ability to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff, and third parties.
- Being proactive and taking initiative in anticipation of the next steps on an assigned task
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk course or experience in a Law Firm setting
- Experience in personal injury litigation and or Real Estate closings
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Effective communication, organization and detail orientation is essential
- Computer and typing skills (50 wpm or higher); and proficiency in MS Office, PCLaw, Cosmolex, Conveyancer, etc.
- Handle real-estate transactions from opening to close
- prepare and draft closing docs for complex transaction
- search and resolve title claims
- work with third parties: banks, mortgage lenders, private lenders, opposing counsel,
- organizing and requesting productions from third parties
- ensuring compliance with undertakings and maintaining undertakings charts
- corresponding with counsel and insurance adjuster
- Providing backup coverage in the absence of other team members
- Requesting Authorizations, Undertakings, discoveries and productions.
- Draft pleadings, motion records, trial records, Statements of Issues, pre-trial memorandum, pre-arbitration memorandums;
- Identify and confirm limitation periods;
- Prepare Applications for Mediation and Arbitration;
- Schedule a variety of events and complete corresponding tasks;
- Other duties, as assigned
We offer a competitive salary and a tremendous learning environment for candidates seeking growth in these areas of law. All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- working in personal injury and/or Real Estate closings: 1 year (Preferred)
- law clerk or legal assistant: 1 year (Preferred)