We are seeking an energetic individual who will smile, greet and be courteous to customers while working with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service. You will be responsible for selling products, merchandise, and services in a retail setting.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
- Check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered.
- Able to use machinery to fulfill customers orders including, but are not limited to, coffee machine, cash register, deli slicer, and commercial appliances.
- Check products for quality, count, and condition.
- Keep all bakery ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with Company Policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
- Answer phones and take special orders.
- Wrap, package, and price all product accurately and legibly in accordance with established Department Procedures and Guidelines.
- Keep manager or other designated personnel aware of low inventory conditions or excessive spoilage problems.
- Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Perform all counter duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Physical Demands, but not limited to - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40lbs
- Repetitive Action, but not limited to - Process merchandise, prepare and wrap bakery related product, stock and rotate display case, unload deliveries, operate and clean all bakery equipment and tools.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, but not limited to - Fryer, ovens, bread slicer, kitchen utensils, scales, mixers, shrink film wrapper, roller racks, coffee machine, toaster.
Job Type: Full-time