Fernlea Flowers Ltd. is a family owned producer and supplier of wholesale bedding plants with the head office located in Delhi, Ontario, with locations in Florida and one in California. Fernlea has grown to become one of the largest suppliers of garden plants in North America.
Administrative Assistant (Production Dept)
Qualifications for Position:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to plan and organize
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a time sensitive manner
- Competent problem solver and decision maker.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Key Job Functions:
- Responsible for purchasing material related to department
- Responsible for completing shipping and receiving documentation
- Responsible for collaborating with the operations Canada and USA team to input data from planting
- Set up production items and inventory items into Fernlea system
- Responsible to schedule material between locations for accurate planning of transplanting at all Fernlea facilities
- Review shipments in greenhouse and shipping areas for accuracy
- Review quality of plants sending and receiving at location
- Responsible for entering items into production to track inventory
- Responsible for Miscellaneous Duties
This is a full time position, and hours will get longer as our Spring season approaches, the applicants must be able to work extra hours and weekends during our shipping season.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)