As a Compensation Specialist, you will own the end-to-end variable compensation process here at Vena. You are also a self-motivated individual who is extremely detail-oriented and a team player. You are a dedicated, enthusiastic, career-minded individual who loves what they do! You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and seize opportunities to take ownership and increase responsibilities as the company grows. You are able to think outside of the box and you love developing creative solutions to complex and challenging problems.
What you will do
- Prepare and distribute variable compensation statements using Vena's own product
- Own the P&L (variable compensation expense) and BS (variable compensation accruals) entries
- Provide valuable business insight to senior leaders across the company by preparing and
presenting sales productivity reports
- Be a key contributor to quarterly forecasting and budget cycles
- Create a standardised training program for new hires
- Be a key contributor to planning, creation, and evaluation of annual compensation plans
- Create new compensation plans throughout the year for new hires and transfers
- Document the end to end variable compensation process and identify gaps and weakness in
existing controls and processes
- Support the ongoing maintenance of employee department records between systems
Does this sound like you?
- Post secondary education in finance, HR, business administration or related field
- 2+ years of related experience
- Strong communicator
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today.... We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we're part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can stop fighting software and get back to doing their best work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will ensure your accommodation needs are met.