Our client, a successful Bulk Transportation Company, is searching for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their dedicated team in Armstrong, BC. The ideal candidate will be a dependable self-starter who maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
The Payroll Administrator will report to the Manager of Finance and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the payroll cycle and benefits in accordance with company and government standards. Such tasks include reviewing and reconciling time records, checking payroll for accuracy, and dealing with payroll related issues as they arise.
The payroll administrator position presents opportunity to transition into management.
Our client is a successful Bulk Transportation Company located in Armstrong, BC. They pride themselves in building excellence through reliability and service. They also aspire to support, train and mentor their team and to provide a friendly and enjoyable workplace.
- Gather and process all required payroll data (employee timesheets, vacation pay/accruals, benefits)
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Reconciling all payroll G/L’s bi-weekly and monthly
- Process CRA remittances; Balance year-end T-4; Administer WCB claims
- Coordinate with HR about changes in payroll (e.g. ROE’s, terminations, new hires)
- Oversee electronic payments and distribution of payroll checks
- Update employee records including salary or wage adjustments
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (e.g. annual bonuses, severance pay, taxes, worker’s compensation)
- Handle Benefits and RRSP administration
- Produce reports to upper management upon request
- Answer employee questions or complaints about salaries and payments
- Work with authorities (on audits or requests)
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant payroll experience in a fast paced and high volume workplace
- Successful completion of a recognized Payroll Course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Advanced knowledgeable of business software including Microsoft Office, Excel Outlook
- Working knowledge of Axon Software would be an asset
- Ability to work within a changing work environment with many interruptions and tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written & verbal – ability to liaise at all levels
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to prioritize, plan and conduct work activities accurately and efficiently
- Dependable, self-starter and maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Competitive salary
- Extended health benefits package
- Ongoing growth opportunities
If you have proven experience in payroll administration; have excellent problem solving/judgment skills; and deliver a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, we want to hear from you!
Come join an exciting, fun, fast-paced, dedicated, and inspiring team!
If the above describes the kind opportunity you are looking for, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Payroll: 3 years (Preferred)