An amazing opportunity to work on Robert Kirkman's INVINCIBLE - an 8-hour animated series targeting adults for Amazon Prime. The Production Designer/Art Director oversees the visual development of a project starting with the conceptualization phase generating the initial designs for character, locations and props, onto building assets, shot creation and composition through final output and color correction.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ability to create a visual style based on the Director and or Producers/EP’s vision for the project.
- Creates and maintains a visual reference document outlining the style of the project.
- Works closely with Designers to create the art direction for the project.
- Able to generate a color palate which will guide the project’s lighting, mood and atmosphere.
- Collaborates with CG Supervisor to establish the quality and complexity standards for the project.
- Collaborates with Department Supervisors to ensure all artwork consistently meets the project’s creative parameters and complexity level while adhering to its schedule and budget.
- The Art Director is responsible for the project’s stylistic, color, texture and lighting consistency.
- Plays a key part in maintaining the final look of the project as it undergoes post-production.
- Interprets, implements, and facilitates notes and feedback from Production Executives, Director, and Producer in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Partners with production team to prioritize completion of artwork pending production requirements.
- Adheres and implements all digital file management protocols.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
10+ years of industry experience. Has worked as either an Art Director and or Production Designer on television series. Experience with outsourcing studios is an asset.
- Highly imaginative, thinks out of the box.
- Looking to work in a start-up /highly creative environment.
- Proactive Communicator/ Strong team leader.
- Expertise in design, color and application.
- Equally as versatile using a pencil as Photoshop and other similar software.
- Extremely knowledgeable about the production process from start to finish.
- Proven abilities to guide the visual style of the project from the conceptual stage through production and post production.
- Pipeline expertise a plus.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi task and delegate.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs.
- Highly motivated, pro-active, solution-minded, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excellent leadership skills inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives.
- Ability to liaison with production staff and artists and clearly communicate production process, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
At Wind Sun Sky, we are storytellers, who love to collaborate with passionate creators, writers and artists to bring timeless characters to life in all mediums and genres.
Based in Vancouver Canada, we are a full-service producer of animated, interactive and live action shows with a mission to bring creator-driven content to audiences through innovative storytelling in all formats in support of building timeless global franchises.
We have a strategic relationship with Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment, through our sister company Skybound North, which provides access into a massive range of awesome comic book IP, games, live events, digital platforms, fans and more that we leverage to produce and expand our content. Not stopping there, we have also partnered with other leading creators around the world to collaborate on some of the world’s top IP and characters. This is your chance to be a part of the creation of interactive content like it’s never been seen before in a culture that is bold, fearless and awesome!! windsunsky.com
Please submit your resume with cover letter. Cover letter should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Wind Sun Sky Entertainment?
- Any interesting personal projects or hobbies.
Local candidates will be preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted in follow-up.
Job Type: Full-time