HCA - Technical
Job Number: 91077
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.9801 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.5102
Post Date: Sep 23, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External
: Sep 30, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
Peri-operative Services at all Hamilton Health Sciences sites provides pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care for both adults and children. The Hamilton General supports community hospital services and specializes in Cardiac, Vascular, Neurosurgery and Adult Burns and Trauma.
As a member of the healthcare team, supports patient care through equipment and supply management, maintenance of a clean, safe environment and participation in selected patient care activities. The HCA provides unit support to patients, families and those providing service and/or care. Functions according to the job description for Technical Healthcare Aides in the Operating Room.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, weekends, nights, holidays, on-call as required
1. Grade 12 high school graduate diploma or equivalent
2. Current Certificate in CPR/BCLS
3. Completed CSAO Techniques course
4. Minimum 2 years technical experience in a similar role (the handling and care of delicate equipment) within a healthcare environment
5. Demonstrated experience maintaining and stocking materials and supplies (sterile/unsterile)
6. Knowledge and skill in using computers (Microsoft Office)
7. Working knowledge of Universal Precautions and WHMIS
8. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills
9. Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position
10. Ability to read and write English proficiently
11. Ability to accept assigned or delegated functions, set priorities and organize work accordingly
12. Ability to lift using appropriate lifting techniques and bend, push and pull using good body techniques
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All Internal applicants may apply online through the Careers website or by submitting a Competition Application Form. External applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact the Human Resources Service Centre at 1-877-667-2700 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset.
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
- Article 30 (k) – CUPE Collective Agreement
- Article 10.7 (d) – ONA Collective Agreement
- Article 13.01 (b) (ii) – OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
- Article 14.04 – OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
- Article 2.07 and Article 13 – PIPSC RT Collective Agreement