Join our growing team at Mid-Ontario!
In business since 1994, Mid Ontario Truck Centre offers excellent Service, Parts and Technical support with three locations to serve you. Our dealerships in Barrie, Maple and Bracebridge Ontario carry a large inventory of Mack and Volvo trucks and parts to meet the immediate needs of our customers. State of the art diagnostics and experienced team of technicians ensure vehicles are operating according to customer expectations and optimal performance. In recognition of our excellent service, this privately owned company has won a number of awards including Volvo Dealer of the Year and Mack Dealer of the Year.
Our Mississauga location is presently recruiting for 2 Licensed 310T's to join our dynamic team of customer minded professionals. If you qualify for this position, we will be happy to hear from you.
This shift is for afternoons Mon-Thurs 3:00 pm-2:30 am
Truck and Transport Technicians (310T) service, repair, overhaul, diagnose and inspect motor coaches, heavy trucks and truck trailers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete repairs needed efficiently. Work to keep repairs completed in timely fashion. If work is scheduled and to be completed by specific time, please do so or inform him/her so alternate arrangements can be made.
- Detecting and diagnosing operating problems in frames and steering mechanisms, engines, transmissions, brakes, ignition, axles, fuel systems, engine management systems, suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, emission control systems and air conditioning/refrigeration systems. Ensure jobs are properly diagnosed and service advisor/shop foreman is aware of findings.
- Adjusting, overhauling, repairing and reassembling engines, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, differentials, brakes, drive shafts, axles and other assemblies.
- Repair as outlined in OEM manuals and to OEM standards.
- Ensure you have appropriate tools, manuals, parts to complete the task. Ability to use various diagnostic equipment to diagnose and isolate faults or malfunctions.
- Report and tools you find damages or unsafe to Shop foreman.
- Work in a safe manner, report and unsafe equipment or conditions to a supervisor immediately.
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, customers and service managers in a courteous manner.
- Reading and interpreting owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications as well as work orders.
- Participate in all training and skills upgrading that is required to effectively and safely perform your duties.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the OHSA WHMIS, company handbook and all other company issued memos and policies including appropriate use of required PPE. Follow business code of ethics and communicate to team.
- None required for this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- GED or ACE. Computer literate.
- Fluent in English for both oral and written correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification 310T or 421A and Class G Driver’s License.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee sit, stand, kneel, stoop, bend, lift occasionally and work in confined spaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is minor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Mid Ontario Truck Centre is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with The Accessibility For Ontarian and Disabilities Act (AODA) and The Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)
Job Type: Full-time
- heavy duty truck mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)