Work to be performed:
The following reflects the principal duties and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements, nor does it imply that all workers in this category perform all of these functions.
- Place/amend purchase orders as required.
- Determine quantities/dates for materials to be purchased to MRP requirement.
- Prepare/forward vendor RFQs for material, product, processing.
- Determine suitable vendors with Fleet/customer specification approval.
- May interview sales representatives, follow-up vendor contacts and occasional visits to same.
- May negotiate or approve price changes and analyze purchases to recommend improvement, availability and price of materials to Manager.
- Adjust claims for vendor and/or carrier.
- May follow market trends and report on market commodities in order to detect early development of lead time.
- Maintain liaison with vendors and other related departments.
- Expedite deliveries to assure costs and delivery targets are achieved.
- Ensure that vendors respond to schedule demands to avoid in-house production line delays or stoppages.
- Collect and prepare information for reports.
- Assist the work of other personnel in the materials, purchasing or production control areas.
- Issue/amend Goods Received reports.
- Maintain department filing systems.
- Monitor shop orders held for material and issue to stores upon receipt of material; also determine shop orders to be split.
- Prepare Returned Material Orders.
- Action Vendor Rejection Reports.
- Monitor/expedite/reschedule PO dates per MRP reports.
- Initiate/maintain subcontract reports.
- Create/amend item masters.
- Arrange inbound shipments of procured goods when necessary, including freight estimates.
- May perform other related duties as required by the company
Job Type: Full-time