Recreation programs provide all citizens the opportunity to improve self esteem, motor skills, creativity, physical fitness and social skills through a variety of crafts, arts, and physical activities.
Role: Under the supervision of a Neighbourhood, Children and Fire Services Supervisor, the Inclusion Program Instructor is responsible for leading a high quality program at specific locations throughout the City of London.
1. Lead high quality recreation programs for adults with a disability
2. Maintain daily records of attendance, accident reports, injuries and safety checks.
3. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a positive and professional attitude when communicating with participants, the general public, school personnel and coworkers.
4. Ensure that equipment and facilities are in safe working condition and report any concerns to Supervisor.
5. Assist with the distribution of program literature as required.
6. Ensure all City of London policies and practices are adhered to.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
1. Experience working in a recreation environment including working with adults with a disability (1+ year experience)
2. Personal care of participants is not required for this position.
3. Demonstrate good communication, high energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude.
4. Excellent written/oral communication skills.
5. Standard First Aid/ CPR C certification/
6. Current Vulnerable Positions Screening Police Reference Check satisfactory to the City of London.
7. Availability required during the evening.
Please note: Program sites are located throughout the City. Applicant will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the program site(s) at their own expense.
Duration of employment will depend on class and participant registration. Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions operate between 8-10 weeks. Class lengths will vary depending on season and location.
Submit application (including position applying for), cover letter (Include what programs you can teach) résumé, two references letters, Vulnerable Police Screening and any other certification required to