For over 30 years, Hunt’s has established itself as a trusted and safety focused industry leader, providing an array of personalisedservices in transportation and project management to the construction, oil and gas, and industrial industries. Our services include road, rail, marine and air transport throughout North America and internationally, as well as expertise and services in warehousing, supply chain and logistics management.
We are immediately seeking an experienced, motivated and hands-on professional to join our Cambridge team in the role of Fleet and Compliancy Coordinator.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus incentives
- Health, Dental and Vision group benefits plan
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for career growth and stability
- Support for continuous professional development
As a key member of the HTL maintenance and driver training team, the preferred candidate is expected to demonstrate equal levels of involvement overseeing the fleet of equipment, driver training and driver compliancy.
Overview of the Fleet & Compliancy Coordinator Role:
- Oversee the Mechanic and act as the key point of contact for all issues relating to maintenance. Direct in-house mechanic and outside vendors for all vehicle maintenance and repairs preformed in shop and in the field.
- Assist with the development and implementation of fleet and equipment maintenance plans and schedulingin conjunction with operations.
- Work simultaneously with members of the maintenance department to ensure proper and safe utilization of equipment, timely repairs and service and contribute to inquiries and discussions on replacing or sourcing new equipment
- Contribute to managing repairs and maintenance costs and ensure that constant review and analysis on costing is completed
- Oversee and direct tire program and internal parts inventory programs.
- Receive after hour service calls for the local fleet
Driver Training & Compliancy:
- Assist HR department with recruitment efforts for long haul and local fleets
- Successfully execute driver training for new-hires and re-training of current employees (TDG, Hours of service, load securement, policy regulations, satellites, e-logs etc.)
- Lead the organisation and management of HTL Driver Training Program with the overall goal of adding capable, safe and well-traineddrivers to our growing fleet.
- Participatein and support driver retention initiatives.
- Work with HR to monitor driver performance and goals, conduct performance reviews.
- Monitoring electronic logging device via satellite – ensuring drivers are following DOT regulations pertaining to hours of service
- Act as main point of contact for questions relating to the satellite system and its features
As the ideal candidate your qualifications include:
- Safety conscious with a focus on maintaining safety as a high priority.
- Previous experience in a fleet maintenance/driver trainerrole is required
- 5+ years in transportation industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with developed leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong time management skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Transportation Industry: 5 years (Required)