Pickering Casino Resort & Ajax Casino are seeking Full-time & Part-time Stewards!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s Pickering Casino Resort and Casino Ajax Food & Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity at Casino Ajax and the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, and strong guest relations; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Food & Beverage Host at Casino Ajax and Pickering Casino Resort.
Under the general direction of the Food and Beverage Manager (or designate), this position will be responsible for creating a positive first impression for restaurant guests. This role must lead by example in contributing to a safe and welcoming environment and creating great guest experiences.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Organize, rinse, spray and load dishes/cutlery into dishwasher or wash by hand as required;
- Check completed load for cleanliness and re-wash dishes if necessary;
- Report any equipment malfunctions, breakages and discrepancies to the supervisor immediately;
- Store all clean dishes and kitchenware in the appropriate area;
- Sort and remove garbage and recycling as required;
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of the general kitchen areas including but not limited to floors, counters, equipment, walls and workspaces;
- Assist with the receipt of goods in the work area and stock shelves to ensure appropriate inventory levels;
- Assist cooks in preparing some food products as requested;
- Clean general and common areas in the food and beverage locations;
- Comply with all food safety and health and safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required;
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Management Team.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent working experience;
- One (1) or more years of kitchen experience;
- WHMIS certificate, Food Handling Certificate an asset;
- Valid Smart Serve Certificate required;
- Ability to follow instructions in a friendly and professional manner;
- Be thoroughly familiar with the causes of food poisoning and method of prevention;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to perform tasks and duties effectively and safely within prescribed time limits;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills;
Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax candidates must be ready and willing to work at both locations, a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work and location will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
How to attend
- Location: Pickering Casino Resort - 888 Durham Live Ave Pickering, ON L1W 0C1
- Arrival Instructions: Enter through the driveway on Church Street. As you drive into the site make a right and follow the signage to the guest parking garage around the back. From the parking garage, proceed to the back entrance and head towards the Starbucks. I will meet you there at your scheduled time.
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
About Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax
WHEN YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU’LL GET MORE THAN A JOB. YOU’LL GET A CAREER.
We are a diverse team, consisting of members of various cultural, linguistic and socio-economic backgrounds. Our growing facility currently has a combined total of over 2,200 slot machines and more than 90 live tables games & 52 gaming terminals.
Our mission is to provide our customers the best guest experience possible, every day. To do that, we depend on a large team of talented, ambitious people who share our passion for excellence 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year!
Perks and benefits
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!