Job Number: 80045
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre
Organization: MRI SCANS
Status: Casual Job Part-time
Hours per week: .01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 24.9956 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 25.5057
Post Date: Jan 16, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jan 23, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
The Department of Diagnostic Services supports a high volume of diverse adult and pediatric patients and families, providing service within Radiology, CT Scan, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, PET, Ultrasound and Interventional. This department operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
The Clerk Typist 4 is under the direction of the Diagnostic Services Business Manager and accountable to the Business Coordinator and Clinical Manager. As a member of a Multidisciplinary Health Care team, the Clerk Typist 4 is responsible for a wide variety of clerical duties related to greeting patients, answering telephones, patient documentation, filing and retrieval, patient registration, use of the electronic health record systems (HIS/RIS/PACS), processing requisitions and data entry, working in the image library and reception areas, as well as other areas of Diagnostic Services as required. This is a very fast paced high volume output department that requires independent thinking, good teamwork qualities and frontline personnel who exude professionalism and display good public relations.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Community College Diploma in Medical Office Administration program or 2-3 years equivalent current medical office experience
2. Demonstrated Medical Terminology related to Diagnostic Services
3. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using computers MS Windows, Outlook, Word
4. Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding and typing skills 40 WPM
5. Ability to learn terminal digit and colour coded filing system
6. Good organizational and problem-solving skills necessary
7. Excellent telecommunication skills and interpersonal skills
8. Understanding of privacy and confidentiality policies
9. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs as required
10. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
11. Previous experience in Diagnostic Services reception, registration and booking areas preferred
12. Comprehensive understanding and familiarity with Meditech Magic and ITS systems, preferred
13. Medical terminology, computer and typing skills will be tested
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement