EORLA is seeking a high energy, dynamic Regional Discipline Operations Manager to provide day-to-day operational management to our Anatomical Pathology laboratory teams located at EORLA’s The Ottawa Hospital Site, oversee Anatomical Pathology service delivery at EORLA’s Queensway Carleton Hospital, Montfort Hospital and The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Sites as well as to serve as a subject matter expert providing advice and support in the aforementioned laboratory disciplines to members of the EORLA leadership team across Eastern Ontario.
This position leads a team of laboratory technologists, technicians and pathologist assistants in the areas of Surgical Pathology, Histology, Immunohistochemistry, Cytology, Hospital and Forensic Autopsy. Together, the team is responsible for more than 100,000 cases and specimens each year ranging from basic biopsies to the most complex cancer resections. As the ideal candidate you will be responsible for inspiring and engaging team members to contribute positively to the patient experience. You will provide day-to-day operational management to the laboratory site(s) by interpreting corporate operations strategies, and developing and implementing site goals and objectives for the delivery of high quality, efficient and timely laboratory services ensuring compliance with policies, operating plans and processes that affect quality improvement, risk, regulatory compliance, satisfaction and safety.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of accreditation standards, provincial regulations and standards related to the provision of laboratory services and regulatory reporting;
- Lead a team of laboratory professionals and collaborate with the lab director and member hospital key stakeholders to foster an environment of quality patient care;
- Implement strategic initiatives at the department level by effectively deploying resources, creating a working environment that promotes effective team building and continuous process improvement;
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the Regional Lead and all Medical and Scientific members of the Regional Anatomic Pathology Program at EORLA;
- Act as a liaison and subject matter expert in the interpretation of policies, procedures and recommended service delivery changes as developed and/or determined by the Regional Disciple Committee for Anatomical Pathology;
- Demonstrate managerial experience in human resources management, labour relations, financial management, project management, process management, facilitation, change management, conflict resolution, health administration, and health care law;
- Keep apprised of issues, trends and best practice initiatives as they pertain to quality, risk and the effective delivery of laboratory medicine in order to make recommendations to the operations strategic model;
- Act as a liaison with hospital clinical services - nurses, clinicians, and other hospital representatives.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- Healthcare/Dental/Vision Plans
- Travel Assistance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Plan
- An experienced leader with a degree or diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology, Cytologist or Pathology Assistant;
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (CSMLS or MLPAO) in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario would be an asset;
- A minimum of 10 years of clinical experience in Anatomical Pathology;
- Specific and demonstrable experience in human resources management, financial; management, project management and change management;
- A sound knowledge of relevant accreditation standards, hospital practices and procedures as they pertain to the provision of laboratory medicine, standards of practice and relevant regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Proven ability to build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and to foster a positive culture;
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle as regular travel between laboratory sites is required.
As a pre-condition of employment, all new EORLA employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please submit your online application by 11:59 p.m. EST the day the job posting closes. It is mandatory that you provide a throughly completed application with all the necessary information to help us determine whether you meet the qualifications as outlined on the job posting. Failure to do so will result in your being screened out of the competition. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.