EXPERIENCED PLUMBERS / BACKFLOW PREVENTION SPECIALISTS are needed for our expanding team of respected trade professionals. ProActive Water Solutions has long established itself as the industry leader in all things related to drinking water protection and backflow prevention across Ontario. Our team members are comprised of career-minded, but down to earth individuals who greatly compliment our family-oriented atmosphere. With the constant support of our Administrative and General Managers, our field technicians manage time efficiently, possess outstanding communications skills, and are experts at backflow preventer installations, device testing, problem troubleshooting, and BFP device repair skills.
We are the Backflow Pros!
- Starting salary range of $82,000 to $87,000 based on previous experience;
- Company vehicle, including all gas and maintenance;
- Company-paid employee health benefits plan (incl. dental, prescriptions, etc.);
- Graduated vacation time policy based on years of service;
- No 24/7 “on-call" responsibilities;
- On-going safety and trade skills training related to our services;
- Annual salary reviews and performance-based bonuses.
- Material ordering through our approved suppliers;
- Site visits and job pre-fabrications when required;
- Perform backflow preventer installations using all current types of piping materials and install methods (copper, stainless, galvanized, soldered, grooved, threaded, etc.);
- Cross connection control through piping modifications and installation of non-testable backflow devices as directed;
- Backflow prevention device testing, repairs, cleaning, and report completion;
- Performs all duties as trained and in a safe and effective manner;
- As most of our assigned work involves pre-scheduled water shut-downs you will NEVER BE LATE for an appointment;
- Due to the nature of our work (water shut-downs), you must provide flexibility in scheduling;
- Some scheduled after-hours work is required and is done on a rotational basis;
- It is your responsibility to successfully complete our three-month probationary training period prior to receiving access to perks and benefits;
- We offer our unique brand of services province-wide. You must be willing and able to travel when required;
- Duties of all employees require written reports. You must have neat and legible handwriting/printing skills;
- Our operations are electronics-based. You will be expected to provide your own iPhone and you will be provided an allowance for company data usage;
- You will provide a full compliment of standard plumbing/pipefitting hand tools and power tools. All required specialty tools will be provided to you;
- Complete other company-related tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a valid and current Ontario Certificate of Qualification - Plumber;
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Trades and be in good standing;
- Must possess a valid and current O.W.W.A. Backflow Prevention Specialists certificate;
- Must possess a valid Ontario "G" drivers license and you will produce a current drivers abstract when requested;
- Background experience as a service plumber is an asset;
- A strong working knowledge of the I.C.I. sector and mechanical systems is a requirement;
- Experience working with large diameter piping (copper, iron, galvanized, etc);
- Strong background grooving pipe and using Victaulic products;
- Strong background in pipefitting and/or sprinklerfitting is an asset;
- A strong working knowledge of all safety regulations is required;
- A strong working knowledge of all trade-related codes and regulations is required;
- Must be a fully competent self-starter with an open-mind and willing to learn the "ProActive Way" of providing backflow prevention professional services;
- You will have EXCELLENT communication skills, both written and verbal;
- You will easily obtain a full police and government background clearance when required.
This position is considered full-time / long term.
If you're "just passing through"..., then please don't stop here. Just keep on going.
If you're ready to stop playing in the trenches and in the mud, and ready to make a difference to Ontario's safe drinking water, then you owe it to yourself to get in touch with us.
If you're ready to become a significant member of a strong team in a family atmosphere, we're waiting for your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $82,000.00-$87,000.00 per year
Covid-19 safety policies strictly enforced and adhered to by all employees.
- backflow prevention: 5 years (Required)
- I.C.I. plumbing: 10 years (Required)
- Ontario C of Q - plumbing (Required)
- OWWA Cross Connection Control (Required)