Are you a Red Seal Industrial Mechanic / Millwright looking to work in a new plant with state of the art equipment?
Do you like working 3pm -11pm
Have you worked with any of the following equipment:
- Conveyor belts
- Sorting machinery
If so this position will be of interest to you,
Systems Operator, Maintenance Winnipeg
- Staff training and development
- Recruiting maintenance staff
- Overseeing Plant Maintenance Operations and PM programs on a direct basis
- Project a positive and caring attitude toward all staff to help improve motivation and employee morale.
- Plan and schedule major jobs with outside contractors in consultations with Operations Managers. Encourage staff to come forward with new ideas and suggestions.
- Review employee performance reports as submitted by team supervisors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop a full understanding of the Single Stream Processing System.
- Achieve operating efficiency such that no more than 10% of total downtime is related to maintenance issues.
- To ensure this all components of the system including but not limited to conveyors, balers, screens, trommels, opticals, etc., must be in working order throughout operational shifts.
- Evaluate daily downtime and deficiencies reports for the purpose of systems troubleshooting and maintenance scheduling of work orders.
- Review accurate maintenance inventory
- Meet regularly with Operations Manager to discuss maintenance issues, operational changes and the progress of Preventative Maintenance, expenditures and future projects.
- Responsible for overall safety in plant
- Safety training for staff
- Report on accidents
- Ensure all staff is compliant with PPE and safety standards
Please note, Days will generally be 10 hours long (2 hours OT) The plant operates 7am to 11pm, candidates should be willing to work 3pm -11pm There may be some occasions where emergency call outs may happen .There will be some Saturdays as business requires.
Job Type: Full-time
- Millwright: 1 year (Preferred)