The National Group of Companies is a leading integrated consulting services firm in Canada. We specialize in offering our clients support in accounting, corporate tax, personal tax, and R&D tax advisory services. We are recruiting a motivated, self-starter to add to our team of professionals. We are a growing integrated consulting services company based in Guelph, moving to Cambridge in 2018.
We are seeking a junior Tax Accountant to deliver first-rate advisory services to our clients. We offer an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to play a key role in our rapidly growing and dynamic SR&ED and accounting practice. Either individually or as part of a team, you will be interacting regularly with clients at the forefront of technology.
- Prepare client financial statements.
- Prepare draft tax returns from financial statements (T2, T661, and related forms).
- Perform sales presentations and related duties.
- Help clients draft financial documents in order to obtain their tax benefits and achieve business goals.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging income tax developments and explain their impact to clients.
- Provide creative solutions to problems and develop practical plans for their completion.
- Maintain regular contact with current clients to identify and communicate service opportunities.
- Organize, prepare, and clearly present information to others and respond to their questions in one-on-one and group situations.
- Other accounting duties as required.
- An accounting degree required
- You should either have, or be working towards your accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) .
- Familiarity with the SR&ED program would be a very strong asset.
- Be familiar with tax and accounting software: Profile, Taxprep, and QuickBooks.
- Excellent organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Competitive salary that will be commensurate with experience
- We will help you build hours towards your CPA, CA, CMA or CGA designation
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Opportunity for career growth in one of Canada’s leading SR&ED organizations
National R&D Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any special assistance to apply for this role, please let us know and we will accommodate you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
- SR&ED: 3 years (Preferred)
- using Caseware, Profile or TaxPrep: 5 years (Preferred)
- Quickbooks: 4 years (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)