Do you consider yourself to be a highly organized and enthusiastic team player who excels working in a fast paced and high volume environment? If so, consider joining the Issues Management, Coordination & Planning Section within the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
As the Administrative Clerk you will have the opportunity to apply your exceptional administrative and organizational skills to coordinate and deliver a variety of support services.
The location of this position will be determined based on the successful candidate and can be located at any of the following:
1350 High Falls Road, Bracebridge;
300 Water Street, 6S, Peterborough;
Hwy 60 East Gate Complex, Box 219, Whitney; or
18050 Rondeau Park Road, Morpeth.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
In this role, you will:
- review, edit, format and prepare a variety of documents, correspondence, reports, forms and presentations
- facilitate the flow of correspondence including tracking and following up on overdue occurrences
- review, sort, and distribute incoming mail, emails and messages
- maintain filing systems, databases and address lists and labels
- provide customer service and complete transactions for internal and external clients and field staff
- coordinate and organize meeting and travel arrangements
- provide financial administration support by processing expenditure claims, requisitioning, receipting goods and services, tracking purchases and preparing invoices
- coordinate fleet and asset management
- maintain office equipment and supply needs
- you have knowledge of and experience with office administration policies, procedures and practices
- you have experience providing financial and human resources clerical support
- you are able to set up and maintain databases and filing systems
- you can maintain and operate office equipment (i.e. photocopier, computer, printer)
- you are proficient with computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, OneNote and Teams
- you have excellent verbal communication skills and political acuity to convey information, discuss and resolve issues/complaints and respond to inquiries
- you have proven interpersonal and collaboration skills to be able to work in a team environment and interact tactfully with various levels of internal and external contacts
- you have well developed written communications skills to review and prepare a variety of material such as correspondence, presentations, meeting minutes and reports
- you have the ability to interpret and apply program policies and legislative requirements to provide advisory services to field staff and external clients and review and resolve problems (e.g. land disposition issues)
- you can identify and resolve discrepancies, track accounts/expenditures and monitor financial allocations
- you are able to determine what matters are urgent and should be given priority when performing a variety of different tasks with conflicting deadlines in a high volume environment
- you exercise tact, discretion and good judgment while working independently in a confidential role
- you have organizational and coordination skills to make meeting and travel arrangements