SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company's People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards ( https://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/313596 ) and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental ( https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/surveymonkey-redefines-parental-leave-rebecca-cantieri/ ) and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards ( https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/surveymonkey-contractor-vendor-benefits/?ut_source=mp&ut_source2=surveymonkey-named-one-of-the-2019-best-workplaces-in-technology-by-great-place-to-work-and-fortune ), and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we've become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It's an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a talented Front-End Software Engineer for the Developer Platform team who has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems, and is constantly looking to improve and optimize the customer experience. We build and maintain the APIs that help grow our platform both internally and throughout our customer base, as well as provide strategic integrations to get feedback where it's needed most.
Some of the things you will do as a Front-End Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Build new dynamic features for our cloud-based software applications.
- Create unit tests to ensure functionality throughout the development cycle.
- Help grow the company by implementing trackable metrics for data-based decision making.
- Work on both user-facing and non-user facing portions of our software.
- Stay on top of software trends and continuously self-educate.
As part of our R&D team, you'll work closely with product managers, fellow software developers and designers to build new features and enhance current offerings in one of SurveyMonkey's software products. Every engineer here gets a chance to contribute cool and innovative new features that hit production fast, so you'll have plenty of chances to watch as features you worked roll out and help improve the lives of literally millions of users.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in web application development
- Experience coding around various external service APIs
- Experience with Node.js, GraphQL
- Culture of code reviews and collaborating closely with other people (not a solo hacker)
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- Have a passion for building highly functional and user friendly software.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work
- Experience building high-traffic websites
- Experience with responsive design and building mobile-friendly applications
- Experience with modern web frameworks, like Pyramid, Django, Flask, or Rails (Ruby)
- Agile, test driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- Material contributions to open source projects
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.