Note: Applicants may need to travel to the Client location(Compact or Non Compact States in US) for this position or potentially relocate if that's more convenient. Details can be discussed during the hiring process.
Job Type: Full Time
Licensed practical nurses provide nursing care usually under the direction of medical practitioners, registered nurses or other health team members. Operating room technicians prepare patients and provide assistance to medical practitioners prior to and during surgery. Licensed practical nurses are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centers, doctors' offices, clinics, companies, private homes and community health centers. Operating room technicians are employed in hospitals.
- Licensed practical nurses
- Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures
- Perform nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care
- Monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy
- Monitor patients' progress, evaluate and document effectiveness of nursing interventions and collaborate with appropriate members of health care team
- Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
- Operating room technicians
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing the patients' operative areas
- Assist in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons
- Monitor patients' status during surgery, such as intake, output and loss of blood, and communicate and document any changes
- Clean and sterilize the operating room and instruments.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45.00-$60.00 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Housing allowance
- Relocation assistance
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you a certified Nurse in any US state? If so, which state?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- NCLEX -PN Licensing (preferred)
- NOC 32101 (preferred)
- LPN/LVN (preferred)
- Any US State License (preferred)
Application deadline: 2023-06-02
Expected start date: 2023-06-13