Bronte College is a private International Baccalaureate (IB) World School that offers day and boarding programs for Grades 9 to 12. Located in Mississauga, Bronte fosters a diverse international environment for our staff and boasts a fun and academic-driven atmosphere in a business casual workplace. At Bronte, we are committed to academic excellence and individual growth amongst our students and employees.
Bronte College is growing! At Bronte College you will thrive in a culture and environment that embraces inclusion, flexibility and advancement opportunities. Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
Every breakfast, lunch and dinner, our kitchen serves nutritious, international dishes from various parts of the world to our students.This isn’t your typical school cafeteria.
Please feel free to check out our ever-changing menu here: https://brontecollege.ca/cafeteria/
- Rotate food refrigerators, places and stores food in clean containers.
- Prepare food items in designated areas in accordance with standards of quality, technique, quantity control, taste and presentation as established by the Head Chef.
- Anticipate and prepare for menu requests (e.g. special diets, allergies, etc.).
- Responsible for meals, salad bar preparation and desserts.
- Assist in monthly inventory counts.
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of food.
- Check food for taste, smell, temperature and eye appeal.
- Assist in inspecting the delivery of food to ensure quality and quantity.
- Monitor refrigerated and dry storage goods inventory levels daily.
- Assist in the preparation of special food items requests.
- Assist with dishwashing duties.
- Report equipment, malfunctions to the Head Chef.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and neat manner.
- Participate in the nightly kitchen cleanup.
- Minimize accidents by ensuring applicable health and safety standards are understood and applied in the conduct of all work activities.
- Comply with company policies regarding schedules, uniforms, absenteeism and tardiness.
- Follow company rules and regulations.
- Ensure a full understanding of all Bronte College policies and procedures, which pertain to your work.
- Maintain company personal appearance and grooming standards.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Practice safety standards and report all unsafe conditions to your immediate supervisor.
- Keep your work area well organized and clean in order to provide fast and efficient service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Hours of work: as per schedule. Normal working hours include evening and weekends.
- Working on public holidays is required.
- Frequent irregular hours.
- Ability to lift or move heavy equipment or objects of at least 30 pounds.
- Salary $16.00 - $18.00 depending on experience and performance.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package after 3 months (for full-time employees)
You will possess the following requirements:
- High school diploma in a related field.
- Strong English communication skills a must
- Peel region Food Handler Certification Course required
- Experience is an asset
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Please submit resume through Indeed.
- We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)