Based in Montreal, the music business unit of Shutterstock (including leading music licensing brand PremiumBeat) is part of an innovative e-commerce company and a leading provider of high quality, curated royalty-free music for media productions.
The Director, Music Content & Licensing is a key leader within the content leadership team, responsible for helping build music strategy and ensuring proper execution against this strategy. This position manages all aspects of music content production and licensing within the global Shutterstock organization, ensuring that we are effectively sourcing & producing content that meets our global marketplace needs.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Content Acquisition, this position will oversee a team of content producers and licensing specialists and will ultimately be an ambassador for music both internally and externally. This position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive operational judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Define and execute music strategy in support of revenue goals, business objectives and customer requirements.
- Manage, lead, develop and mentor teams responsible for music acquisition, production, publishing and marketplace collection integrity.
- Collaborate across the organization to drive marketplace success and ROI for acquired strategic content, support achieving our customer content requirements and drive differentiation in line with Company strategy and goals.
- Oversee the copyright collection and performance rights processes for the music library, supporting positive artist relationships and revenue growth for the organization.
- Oversee customer support operations and help answering specialized questions related to licensing of music.
- 8+ year of work experience overall, including 5+ years of experience in music licensing, publishing, production.
- Strong conversational proficiency and competency in music licensing and concepts: DAWs, mixing, mastering, sound libraries and digital instruments, recording tools, digital asset managers, songwriting, composition.
- Proven effective collaboration skills working with global stakeholders.
- Ability to support and coordinate team activities.
- Strong understanding of music genres and trends.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with managing artist / business relationships.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Multilingual and French a plus.
**Will need to complete "listening challenge".
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE:
SSTK ( https://studio-5.financialcontent.com/prnews?Page=Quote&Ticker=SSTK )), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs ( https://www.shutterstock.com/ ),vectors ( https://www.shutterstock.com/vectors ),illustrations ( https://www.shutterstock.com/category/illustrations-clip-art ),videos ( https://www.shutterstock.com/video/ ) andmusic ( https://www.shutterstock.com/music/ ) to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock ( https://www.bigstockphoto.com/ ), a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform ( https://www.shutterstock.com/custom ), Offset, ahigh-end image collection ( https://offset.com/ ); PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free music ( https://www.premiumbeat.com/ ) library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source ofeditorial images ( https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial ) for the world's media.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.com ( https://www.shutterstock.com/ ) and follow Shutterstock onTwitter ( https://twitter.com/shutterstock ) and onFacebook ( https://facebook.com/shutterstock ).
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V