The Intermediate Accountant works with members of the Finance team to achieve departmental objectives within a fast-paced environment. The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for all general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end close activities and other required analysis for accurate and timely financial reporting. The Intermediate Accountant must be proactive, analytical, and detail-oriented, while meeting tight deadlines. The Intermediate Accountant reports to the Controller.
- Performs together with the finance team all duties associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Performs full cycle month end close process including preparing journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly credit card reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Acts as a liaison and builds relationships with all departments to resolve accounting issues.
- Works closely with other team members to coordinate responsibilities and prioritize tasks to ensure that all key deadlines are met.
- Files monthly sales tax and EHT returns.
- Provides direction and feedback to junior assistants.
- Assists in the preparation for the annual audit.
- Participates in the rollout of finance projects and initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and improvements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- CPA designation or in progress.
- Three to five years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience with NetSuite considered an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Advanced skills in Google Suite (Google Sheets).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect integrity of financial documents.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to adjust hours and schedule as necessary to meet high-volume demand and busy periods.
This position is a full-time position based in Markham, Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Engage, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Engage is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. In addition, Engage is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. In the event you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)