Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the VP Interdepartmental Project Management, the Manager, PMO manages the program of project activity that supports Canopy in achieving its strategic goals at each business unit level. The Manager, PMO leads a diverse team of Interdepartmental Project Managers and Coordinators across sites to create a consistent project management methodology within Canopy while deploying PMO team members to partner with organization leaders in order to achieve targeted project and program aims.
- Oversee the development of systems and procedures to grow and protect organizational assets
- Create alignment of projects and strategic initiatives to short and long-term objectives as identified by the senior leadership team at the relevant corporate or business unit level
- Understand the role of PMO as not only executing project completion, but also championing accountability and transparency within the org, and driving by corporate KPIs
- Accountable to performance of the PMO against a set of KPIs that are measured and reported on regularly; design or include new KPIs as appropriate to convey function health
- Lead by example, in professionalism, precision, and timely decision-making
- Handle the assignment of all new enterprise projects (strategic initiatives) within the PMO, delegating smaller project assignments and detailed process decisions to Interdepartmental Project Managers as appropriate
- Maintain and prepare annual budget for the PMO department and make requests for budget variance in a timely and responsible manner, with business case included
- Seek opportunities to understand, align with, and support other teams with project management scoped into their mandate
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience managing 3-7 direct reports preferred
- 5-7 years’ project management experience required; PMO leadership preferred
- Familiarity with performance management systems required; experience managing to specific KPIs (or measures & targets) desired
- PMP or other project management certification considered an asset
- Experience in manufacturing, food or beverage, or CPG projects is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure in an environment where priorities can conflict
- Prior experience leading projects through all stages of life-cycle, from inception through implementation
- Experience preparing and presenting business cases
- Must be able to clearly explain technical issues and constraints to non-technical people in both verbal and written communication
- Experience working with off-site project team members is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
This is a full time position based out of Smiths Falls.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.