Nippon Express is a global leader in the freight forwarding industry. With offices stretching from Vancouver to Montreal, we provide a wide variety of services including Air and Ocean freight forwarding, Warehousing and Distribution, Customs Brokerage and much more. Our global presence allows us to be one of the largest transportation providers in the world and our reputation has made us a leader in the industry. For more information, please visit our corporate website at http://www.nipponexpress.com
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Customs Release Agent to join our Customs Brokerage Team in Windsor, Ontario.
Candidates must be flexible to work on 7 hours shifts anytime between 2pm and 12am.
The Customs Release Agent is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the customs release process for shipments being received by methods of air, ocean, road or rail cargo transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with CBSA and other Governmental Departments to ensure compliance and expedite clearances
- Accurately and timely process CBSA releases for shipments
- Review invoices, manifests and other supporting documents for conformity to customs and corporate regulations
- Ensure client instructions are followed (notes in system)
- Enter data from commercial invoices and other supporting documentation into the ITMR4 operating system
- Monitor the status of the shipments and ensure all rejects are fixed timely
- Verify all paperwork to ensure all required information is accurate
- Prepare and submit paper release package to Canada Customs when required
- Contact clients, carriers and vendors for additional information
- Answer questions from clients regarding shipment release and status
- Pay any COD charges as listed
- Arrange delivery if required
- Various other duties as may be required
- Knowledge of Customs Tariff, regulations and release procedures
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designation is an asset
- Knowledge and/or experience in a customs brokerage or freight forwarding industry
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong research/analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgement to solve problems
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Able to deal with changing priorities
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
Nippon Express Canada appreciates all applicants, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nippon Express is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- customs brokerage: 1 year (Preferred)
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) Designation (Preferred)