Upper Canada Consultants is a mid-sized private civil/municipal engineering and urban planning business for both municipal road and reconstruction projects and private sector residential and commercial developments within the Region of Niagara and throughout Southern Ontario. We offer in-depth experience on projects with various levels of complexity and engineering expertise.
- Create, maintain and edit design drawings and construction plans using AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Prepare high quality drawings from engineer-prepared notes and calculations using geometry and design components for accurate descriptions of components.
- Prepare clear and detailed plans compliant with design and drafting standards of the client.
- Prepare and check quantity calculations from plans.
- Compile multiple sub-plans or designs into consolidated master plans
- Quality review of CAD files and submission drawings
- Technical Diploma C.Tech or C.E.T.
- 3 years experience as a designer/technician with knowledge of local municipal and utility standards
- Working understanding and experience with AutoCAD Civil3D 2019 and associated software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Civil/Municipal Engineering or Land Development is an asset.
- Excellent communications skills, able to work in a client-oriented dynamic environment.
- Professional attitude with a strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to design changes and deadlines.
- This is a full time position, starting immediately, located in St. Catharines, Ontario.
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with past experience and knowledge level.
Thank you for your interest. However, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year