The position is responsible for supervising food production employees in a unionized environment to ensure food specifications, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP and FDA regulations are followed and is responsible for labor and food cost controls.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality production standards are followed and maintained.
- Ensures employees adhere to HACCP, FDA and safety regulations and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Controls food cost and other controllable costs.
- Maintains all financial goals related to productivity, overtime, labor goals and meals per hour.
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit.
- Prepares administrative reports as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance with customer specifications.
- Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and sample meals are accurate according to the airline specifications.
- Ensures that all products are coded and dated according to Gate Gourmet procedures.
- Conducts inventory of products to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
- Completes required requisitions for the Storeroom to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs and other logs and reports as required.
- Supervises employees on daily operations including:
- Conducts performance evaluations for employees providing specific and detailed feedback on their management and leadership skills and the attainment of their respective goals and objectives
- Ensures compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring employees get the rest & meal breaks and ensuring company processes are followed.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food expenses.
- Monitors daily manpower planning and schedules employees.
- Responsible for employee retention and reducing employee turnover.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling and preparing corrective actions for employees in compliance with the applicable union/collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Reviews and ensures employees in chain of command are in correct cost centers and correct job titles.
- Reviews and ensures union represented employees’ pay rates are correct based on wage scales and seniority.
- Employee must complete all company required training including but not limited to ServSafe
- Compliance with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree or degree from a 4-year university or college preferred. Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and restaurant or catering environment required.
- Minimum of 5 years cook or food production or preparation experience required.
- Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus, but not required.
(Certification, Licenses and Registration)
Language / Communication Skills:
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 100+ hourly employees.
- Must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train others required.
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Experience with menu design a plus.
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
- ServSafe Certified preferred.
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management team and staff.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to employees on a daily basis.
Type of Employment:
all internal departments
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job:
Budget / Revenue Responsibility:
- Regularly, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours.
- In a normal production kitchen facility, there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds.
- A rotating schedule of over 55 hours per week is typical.
(Local Currency) N/A
Direct Line Manager (Title):
Varies depends on the unit size
Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable):
Number of Direct Reports:
Number of Dotted Line Reports:
Estimated Total Size of Team:
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
- Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf