Be part of something cutting edge and exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the world's most exciting sectors? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do, then you should consider this role with our growing cybersecurity team.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial senior security professional to apply his or her expert knowledge of IT security to architect the security service solutions that protect our clients across Canada and beyond. A strong problem solver and exceptional communicator, the winning candidate will play a key role in working with CGI security, business and technology teams to select and implement leading solutions to secure our clients and to protect their business operations.
The primary function of this role is to architect the security solutions that best meets our client's security posture, risk, and budget objectives by skillfully employing CGI's ecosystem of existing managed security services, technologies and vendor partners. In this pre-sales support role you will identify and assess client requirements from direct interaction with client teams and from review of client RFP documentation.
A secondary function of this role is to support the evolution of CGI's security services. You will contribute to this through advising on market, service, technology, vendor, and threat trends, by supporting the selection of new vendor and technology options, and by contributing to the ongoing improvement and evolution of our managed security services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Apply their expert knowledge of how IT security systems and services integrate effectively into a wide range of IT infrastructures, from single-site enterprise through multi-location and data centre environments, to cloud and hybrid;
- Develop conceptual designs and architect the best technology and service solutions to meet client security objectives;
- Produce architectural specifications, and design documents including technical diagrams and bills of materials;
- Build security into some of the largest and most complex IT outsourcing and IT services projects in the country;
- Lead the technical security services interaction with the client, sometimes together with the leads of other CGI teams, to flesh-out client requirements and provide the technical architecture of the proposed managed security solution;
- Participate in client presentations and meetings, sometimes with the leads of other CGI teams, to discuss CGI's Security services capabilities;
- Lead the technical security services response to client requests for proposals;
- Collaborate with the architecture leads of other CGI teams and other Security Solution Architects, to design the managed security services solution to satisfy the client requirements, while being mindful of operational supportability, deployment and operational costs and risk mitigation for both the client and CGI.
- Collaborate with other Security Solution Architects and management to grow and evolve CGI's Managed Security Service offerings.
- Maintain awareness of trends in IT security technology and regulatory requirements
Desirable, but not essential:
- Minimum of ten years of directly related IT experience with at least six years of IT security experience;
- In-depth experience architecting complex technical solutions;
- Experience presenting and/or discussing technical proposals with clients, inspiring confidence and forming trusting relationships;
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups;
- Demonstrated ability for analytical thinking and self-directed research in cybersecurity topics;
- Strong background assessing, selecting, and implementing IT security services and capabilities, including an understanding of how to integrate IT security systems with cyber security operations and incident response;
- Ability to develop realistic estimates of effort and schedule for complex IT security project delivery and implementation;
- Experience with s number of security systems/products and capabilities.
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
- CISSP or equivalent;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Level 2 (Secret)
- Location of work: the CGI Ottawa office is preferred.
What you can expect from us:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in French;
- Hands-on security operations delivery experience;
- Experience deploying, configuring and tuning security appliances and applications;
- Experience delivering cybersecurity consulting services;
- Knowledge of cybersecurity attack methodology and corresponding measures to prevent, detect and respond to attacks.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.