We are looking for dynamic, outgoing and experienced Bartender - Servers to join our growing Wahlburgers team.
- Promptly receive and prepare drink and food orders adhering to the steps of service;
- Create a positive guest experience through friendly interaction;
- Have an extensive knowledge of all food and beverage offerings, and help make recommendations to the guest;
- Properly open and setup and/or close and take apart bar including daily inventory check maintain beer keg and liquor levels, organizing and maintaining the cleanliness around bar area etc.;
- Flexible to pick up serving shifts and/or participate in floor service and not just the bar as required;
- Ensure stations are tidy and properly stocked at all time;
- Routinely ensure the cleanliness of all areas of the Restaurant;
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a bartender is an asset;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must possess wine, beer, and cocktail knowledge;
- Must have Smart Serve Certification;
- Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items to make recommendations and take orders;
- Must be team players, and the ability to understand and follow directions from others;
- Must be professional in both appearance and demeanor;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Have open availability is preferred, including AM/PM on weekdays, weekends and holidays;
- Reliable transportation to and from work;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift and move beer kegs, liquor, and wine boxes;
- Can legally work in Canada and is bond-able.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position and appreciate all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Bartending: 1 year (Required)
- Serving: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested