LOCATION: Millrise Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Clinical Educator is responsible for supporting all corporate initiatives to ensure the highest levels of quality care & safety, service excellence and leading clinical practice within the care and services. This mandate is achieved through exemplary leadership and working collaboratively with a skilled team of professional leaders.
The Clinical Educator will apply their knowledge of geriatric clients, care environments, and adult learning techniques to promote a positive learning culture and advance professional practice. They will also act as a role model to staff promoting leadership and learning-supporting the cultures of Sales, Accountability, Service and Engagement.
1. Oversees initiatives and programs required to ensure that RC exceeds on the delivery of its commitment to provide consistent high-quality resident-focused care and service excellence.
2. Plans, organizes and co-ordinates a generalized education program on an annual basis and on Orientation to all new staff at Millrise Seniors Village. Education plan includes setting and measuring targets and outcomes and track percentage of attendance of target audience.
3. Evaluates programs for staff providing all services within Retirement Concepts.
4. Education Plan is based on a process which evaluates and sets education priorities based on facility quality improvement trends, best practice, site-based and Regional initiatives In-service sessions include representation of all disciplines/departments, which are offered at different times of the day to accommodate all shift.
5. Follow up with AB sites to ensure the mandatory education is occurring.
6. Works with the DOC, Regional Directors, General Managers and department heads to develop strategies and plans for ongoing learning priorities and introduction of new material.
7. Assists in implementing standardized policies and procedures, companywide.
8. Acts as a resource for the team regarding problem solving, looking at education needs and creative solutions.
9. Working with the team to create education plans, evaluating and research as needed.
10. Identifies and actively participates in site and Organizational Quality Improvement initiatives.
11. Works with the DOC, GM and Clinical Team to coach, mentor leadership, clinical practices and policies and review of education in the facilities.
12. Assist the General Manager and DOC to set standards for the clinical staff on site.
13. Coaches’ staff on a one on one basis as needed.
14. Works all shifts to ensure all staff receive appropriate education
15. Ensuring appropriate education plans and calendars for all communities
16. Travel required within BC and Alberta as required.
17. Promotes a positive learning culture and advancing professional practice.
1. Five years’ recent related experience, including two years relevant clinical experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (Residential Care experience preferred).
2. Current registration with the Professional Practice Body of the discipline. Current registration with CARNA; member in good standing.
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. A sound understanding of current and future Geriatric clinical and health care issues and the potential impact on staff education and clinical practice.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to function independently and collaboratively within a team and demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
2. Effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Effective interpersonal and facilitation skills.
4. Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize.
5. Analytical and decision-making skills.
6. Knowledge of adult education and learning principles and ability to integrate into programs and strategies.
7. Ability to teach adults effectively, ensuring a high success rate in learning retention.
8. Computer skills, including the ability to use MS Office and other related computer technology.
9. Ability to operate related equipment.
10. Physical ability to perform the work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent