Recreation Department requires a Permanent Casual Recreation & Restorative Aide
The Recreation department is responsible for creating a warm, welcoming, inclusive, and accessible environment with programming designed to promote and support the individuals of Braemar specific needs, abilities, skills, and interests. Additionally, the recreation aide will provide support in guiding volunteers by providing information, resources and support they need to ensure the individuals of Braemar receive the best possible care in their continued journey.
This position will consist of days, evening, and weekend shifts. This position will fill vacation time and call-ins.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
· Must be enrolled or graduated from a 2-year Recreation and Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology, or an appropriate related field
· Must have current CPR and First Aid
· Smart Serve Certificate is considered an asset
· Restorative Care Course is an asset or willingness to complete.
· DementiAbility Methods Certificate and experience implementing Montessori Methods is considered an asset
· Musical background is considered an asset
· Knowledge of RAI/MDS, Point Click Care and WHIMIS is considered an asset
· TB Testing Required
· Clear and Current Vulnerable Sector Check ready for interview date
Roles and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the planning and implementation of individualized, person centered programs
· Responsible for guidance and support to volunteers
· Willing to attend necessary in-services, trainings, and meetings
· Must demonstrate leadership skills with knowledge of the aging process and dementia.
· Assess residents needs through assessment, observation, medical records, and collaborating with interdisciplinary team
· Create Montessori plans and programs that meet resident needs, abilities, skills, and interests
· Engage residents in therapeutic activities and outings
· Help residents to become or remain independent
· Maintains appropriate resident and department records including care plans, assessments, and evaluations of planned programs detailing individual participation.
Wage: As per collective agreement $20.25
Please forward cover letter and resume to: Archie MacGowan
Part-time hours: 7.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.25 per hour