Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph-Wellington is seeking applications for a part time Clinical Therapist to serve residents of Wellington County. This position is based at the agency’s Mt. Forest location.
- Provide assessment, counselling, and/or education to individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Be comfortable leading a group, a workshop, a project, or a program.
- Provide consultation with or supervise interns, volunteers, and/or employees of community partners, when necessary.
- Complete client documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate with Justice personnel (Crown, Probation and Parole) as needed
- Ensure a holistic, quality approach to client care consistent with FCSSGW’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan.
- Ability to provide services in a second language (in addition to English) will be considered an asset.
- Available to work flexible hours (evenings and/or weekends), required.
- Registered Master’s degree level mental health practitioner (e.g., social worker, psychotherapist, psychologist)
- Registration in good standing with one of the Provincial colleges (i.e. OCSWSSW, CRPO, CPO)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of therapeutic theories as they relate to domestic violence
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of adult learning
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation and use of a computer, related technologies and software required for the role(s)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the social service, justice, and health sectors an asset
- 2-5 years of counselling experience in a trauma-informed human service agency or counselling/psychotherapy setting.
- Valid driver’s license, appropriate automobile insurance as required by FCSSGW
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience working with Caseworks or other similar Client Management Software an asset.
- This position requires the candidate to produce a Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the agency prior to commencement of employment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by Friday December 6, 2019
FCSSGW believes in a diversity-friendly work environment and encourages all people with the above qualifications, including those of all cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual/gender identities, abilities, and beliefs, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and regret that we are able to contact only those being invited for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to FCSSGW.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $27.36 to $30.37 /hour
- counselling: 5 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)
- licence to practice (Required)