The Nursing Attendant as a member of the surgical team contributes to the effective patient and family-centred care experience.
The Nursing attendant will work actively with the team to assist with carrying out unit specific interventions. In collaboration with the surgical team, the nursing attendant will help support that patients care is provided safely and effectively in a way that minimizes risk.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- BLS obtained and maintained annually as required.
- PSW certification from an accredited college (obtained within the last year) required.
- Experience working in an Operating Room environment in a nursing attendant capacity / role with 2 years’experience- required.
- Demonstrate the proper handling and transferring of patients from bed to stretcher/wheelchair.
- Demonstrate and applies the corrective saftey meatures for positionin patients in the OR.
- Effective positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Discretion, tact, diplomacy.
- Demonstrates initiative andability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload issues.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Required to take Stand by for nights and weekends.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employeesof Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health andsafety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others)are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.