Executive Chef and Sous Chef
As an integral member of the food and beverage team, your responsibility is to provide a consistent level of service excellence to the members and their guests, possess a positive attitude and an attentive approach, with a regard for health and safety in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the health and safety policies and procedures of Bigwin Island Golf Club.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail.
- Ability to enforce the club’s standards, policies and procedures with all Food and Beverage employees.
- Ability to promote positive work relationships with kitchen personnel, Front of House, and other departments.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments.
- Ability to promote positive work relationships and communication with kitchen brigade and other departments.
- Ability to participate in ongoing staff training
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to perform job functions without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work a minimum eight-hour shift five to six days per week in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to ensure security of club’s products and property.
- Ensures that the kitchen is maintained at the standards established by management
- Maintains good working conditions with the Food and Beverage Manager
- Maintains the kitchen to guidelines established by the Ontario Ministry of Health
- Assists in menu preparation for formal and informal dining as well as banquet menus
- Assists in month-end inventories of all food and supplies
- Preparation of all foods in the kitchen and ensures that foods are prepared to the standards established by management
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the kitchens, dry and refrigerated storage areas
- Required to be a part of performance evaluations at the times of year as directed by Management
- Able to prepare and Serve meals for staff
- Maintain food quality and presentation - consistency and controls
- Establishes training program for kitchen personnel and encourage co-operation and interaction in the kitchen
- Reports to the Sous Chef in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Culinary Diploma desired, or actively working towards completing Diploma
- 1-3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Knowledge of menu planning and food costing
- Must be motivated, confident, enthusiastic
- Willingness to work hard and capable of handling varying and/or long hours
- Must be up to date on Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations and Bigwin Island Club Policies and Procedures.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work all areas of Food and Beverage
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage cost controls
- Ability to provide legible communication in a timely manner
- Basic knowledge of labour and inventory cost controls
- Enjoy working in public
- Reliable, hardworking, embraces a philosophy of lifelong learning, able to work variable shifts, weekends, and holidays throughout our season.
- Fast paced, high stress environment
- Extreme temperature exposure both hot and cold
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to work in a kitchen.
- Overtime as required.
- Weekly Salary
- Bonus potential
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)