Reason for Post :
Replacement more than de 6 month
Position Status :
Temporary- Full time
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Academic Affairs, Teaching and Research Directorate
Service :Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Service planning, program evaluation, quality and performance (APPR)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
Under the authority of the Assistant Director, Academic Affairs, Teaching and Research, the incumbent provides professional assistance to the various mandates related to research support, including coordinating follow-ups with researchers and promoters for the planning, implementation and monitoring of clinical trials for the entire IUHSSC.
He/she works to effectively structure the review, negotiation and monitoring of contracts. He/she provides support to the various researchers, research teams and managers involved in the revision and negotiation of contracts. He/she maintains, along with the existing research support team, the clinical trials registry and facilitates interfaces with organizations wishing to establish clinical research collaborations with the IUHSSC and its research centers.
With the collaboration of other directorates sharing these mandates, the incumbent proposes processes for establishing templates, revising standard contract clauses, and planning costs and recoveries. He/she reviews budgets and facilitates the convenience review with the teams that will contribute to the project by mobilizing resources (human, financial, technical or technological).
He/she explores opportunities for collaboration with organizations and companies promoting clinical trials and monitors project opportunities that can benefit IUHSSC users and patients. He/sher acts as a liaison between the University Affairs, Teaching and Research Branch and relevant teams and researchers to facilitate collaborations.
The incumbent is responsible for promoting the principles of responsible conduct in research and scientific integrity in relation to the IUHSSC ethics framework and applicable policies, procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). He participates in the drafting or revision of policies, procedures and forms relating to the supervision of research at the IUHSSC.
He/she collaborates to the continuous improvement process by participating in the development, planning, organization, and control of the processes underlying clinical research activities as well as evaluating the impact of these activities.
He/she produces progress reports on mandates and makes periodic status reports of projects authorized or in process based on the project register. He/she actively participates in identifying and monitoring performance indicators and recommends adjustments or improvements where appropriate.
The incumbent contributes, through analyzes and recommendations, to the management of research development, problem solving and continuous improvement of IUHSSC clinical research support activities and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in humanities or social sciences, health sciences, legal sciences or administration sciences;
- Graduate degree (an asset)
- Knowledge of clinical, research and teaching missions within the health and social services network;
- Knowledge of university environments and research center structures within the health and social services network;
- 4-year experience in planning, programming and developing research activities or project management;
- Experience working with contracts and agreements (asset);
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software (intermediate-advanced Excel);
- The incumbent will be required to visit the different IUHSSC facilities according to the projects and the stages of their development.
- Strong ability to work in teams and with multiple partners;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and ability to manage a multi-priority workload;
- Demonstrates a high sense of organization, meticulousness and analytical sense;
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills;
- Has a great deal of discretion in handling confidential data;
- Has basic knowledge of intellectual property law;
- Demonstrates a good command of French and English both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Good judgment and professionalism.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.