Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We currently have an exciting Casual opportunity for a Rehabilitation Assistant in our Home Health department in Abbotsford, BC.
Effective October 26th, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
This is your opportunity to:
- Carry out designated components of a rehabilitative treatment plan/program, such as activities of daily living, mobility, and strengthening and balancing exercises.
- Observe and report cognitive and functional changes in patient ability or behaviour that may warrant a progression or regression of the treatment; progresses treatment plan within the parameters established by the therapist.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team and in consultation with the therapist, provide input into the planning, implementation, modification, and evaluation of the rehabilitative treatment plan/program.
- Perform various tests as assigned such as Berg Balance, Timed Up and Go (TUG), and six-minute walk test. Records and reports relevant data for interpretation by the therapist.
- Prepare and apply therapeutic treatment modalities as assigned such as transcutaneous electrical stimulation (TENS), neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES), hot packs, ice, and wax treatments.
As the successful candidate, you will have successfully completed a Rehabilitation Assistant Program .
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.