New Posting September 10, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Section Grower in managing the production operations of a commercial Medical Cannabis production facility and perform all tasks in cannabis cultivation process including cloning, transplanting, plant maintenance (e.g. topping/ pruning/defoliation), pest/ pathogen management, drying, trimming, curing, packaging, waste destruction and inventory management.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivation of cannabis or other delicate commercial crops.
- Some knowledge in plant disease and pest mitigation without use of chemicals.
- Proficient in daily planning and execution of logistic and warehousing activities in a production facility.
- General understanding about the operational controls and inventory movement of controlled substances.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of cannabis starting materials, processing techniques and product security measures.
- Knowledge and compliance in GMP, GPP and GLP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in crop scheduling and projecting all cultivation requirements on a daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly basis in order to meet sales demand in a cost-effective manner.
- Assist Production Supervisor in managing Production department and perform duties of Production Manager in his/ her absence, as delegated.
- Manage a Production team of Cultivation Technicians and guide them to achieve production targets within set timelines.
- Execute irrigation, nutrient supply plans to ensure optimum plant growth and maximize finished product output
- Execute integrated pest and pathogen management program in view of elimination/ control of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, fungus gnats etc.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, internal organizational policies and security measures related to Cannabis products
- Report regulatory issues and concerns with the potential to impact product quality to Quality Assurance department and management.
- Partake in maintaining audit ready status of Production department and participate in internal self-inspection and Health Canada regulatory audits, as necessary and participate with audit responses preparation
- Assist with Cannabis processing, product transfer and destruction of Cannabis materials and Cannabis products. Ensure process and product security measures at all times during the entire processing stages.
- Maintain all assigned records related to production, sale and distribution of marihuana products at the facility with appropriate update on the ERP system.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance, Production and other functional departments to ensure cannabis production process and product compliance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or Post-secondary Diploma in Agriculture/ Food Science/ Forestry and (or) any other related technical discipline.
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
- Strong Agricultural background in a GAP and HACCP regulated environment (preferred), with proficiency in various cultivation and plant maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of cannabis plant genetics and other sensitive commercial crops
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hourly Position - Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour