Parkside Student Residence is looking for a Full-Time Cafeteria Supervisor
We are currently hiring for full time Supervisor for our Parkside Student Residence location. This position is responsible for supervising staff during food service meal times and to ensure that guests are happy with the service. This position requires a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment. Also, we require that this person be reliable and responsible as they will be the contact person at night when the managers are not on-site.
The successful candidate must be available for shifts between the hours of 2:00pm - 10:30pm on weeknights and 1:00pm - 9:30pm on weekends. Our location is open 7 days a week so the candidate must be available on these times and dates.
Customer and Client Satisfaction
To be polite, professional and welcoming at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
To maximize all opportunities through customer service techniques and adherence to Brand Standards, internal or external
To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
To actively gain customer feedback, passing information onto your manager
To assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
To attend all pre service meetings, relevant training sessions and meetings
To promote Compass Group Canada and maintain a positive company image
Prepared to go the extra mile to help other colleagues, serve customers and make the unit a great place to work
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Regularly monitor the seating area of the cafeteria to make sure tables and chairs are clean
- Regularly monitor the garbage/dish area to make sure there is no clutter and is reasonably clean.
- Knowledge of the Volante system and how to work the cash register, depositing procedure, and petty cash procedure. Will be trained on this.
- Ensure preparation of both hot and cold food are completed by staff
- Ensure hot food service starts on time and ends on time
- Carry out all duties required to maintain very good meal services (Breakfast, lunch and dinner), includes helping staff to finish the prep for the next day
- Checking the prep cart[Recipe Ready Carts] to ensure the next day’s prep is done at the end of the night
- Ensure QA logs are completed and everyone adheres to H&S standards
- Printing out menus and signage for the day. Also ensuring menu cycle is followed by the cooks [Menu Adherence]
- Have knowledge of food safety such as proper cooking temperatures, how to prevent cross-contamination, and holding temperatures
- Ensure that associates have the knowledge to serve guests properly, including knowing the ingredients and any potential allergens
- Have knowledge of safe operation of equipment, to be able to train a new employee
- Ensure staffs comply with food safety standards and health inspection legislation to minimize and/or eliminate safety issues, complaints and ensures safe production of food. This includes but not limited to the cleaning and sanitizing of work area and equipment; re-plating, wrapping and proper storing of leftover food items to avoid spoilage.
- Ensure equipment and work stations are being cleaned regularly as per cleaning schedule [and equipment maintenance schedule]
- Oversee kitchen production and ensure prep lists, recipe ready carts, and production are all on track for the next day
- Train associates to perform certain tasks i.e. cash register, food preparation and food handling techniques.
- Assists in weekly physical inventory on all food production supplies to ensure adequate supplies are maintained and available. Also, maintains records of food prepared, served, supplies used and left over on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of Catering Services and executing catering orders when needed.
- Works with management on theme night menus in terms of decorating and marketing to the students
- All other duties assigned by management
- Food Handler Certified and First Aid Certified is a plus.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!