Leeder Automotive Group is seeking a full time Parts Advisor to join our Acura Sherway team.
We will provide:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Reporting to the Service & Parts Manager, the Parts Advisor supplies Acura parts and accessories over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone to both clients and technicians. The Parts Advisor ensures appropriate stock and inventory of parts and accessories, and promotes Acura Sherway’s standards for superior client, employee and center management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and services every client and/or technician courteously and promptly. This includes, answering questions and assisting customers/technicians in identifying and obtaining required parts.
- Handles orders and requests for information efficiently via telephone and over the counter customers/technicians.
- Works on both the front counter (customers) and back counter (technicians).
- Specifies and identifies parts needed to meet customer/technician requirements, so that the number of parts returns due to errors is low. Uses parts equipment and information resources to accurately identify the required parts.
- In conjunction with the service department, solicits sales and suggests selling of service-related parts. Uses brouchures and merchandise displays as sales aides; displays seasonal parts attractively.
- Maintains accurate sales and inventory records of all line items.
- Costs out parts and accessories on counter tickets and repair orders.
- Maintains and prepares records by creating invoices, maintaining customer back-order file, and receiving and duplicating repair orders.
- Maintains inventory on shelves and in bins by reporting items needing to be reordered, identifying any discrepancies in stock levels, and returning unsold items to stock.
- Requisitions non-stock or special-order parts; follows up on special ordered items, and notifies the customer or technicians when received; and locates out of stock parts from outside source and submits and emergency order, if necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Prior parts handling experience preferred.
- Automotive dealer experience.
- Technically knowledgeable and experienced with Acura products.
- Outgoing and patient personality with good customer relations ability.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read, comprehend information and able to understand and follow directions.
- Team oriented and enjoys working with others toward a common goal.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm demeanour.
- Flexible and open to change; able to take on special tasks as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
In our commitment to provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources so that reasonable and appropriate arrangements can be made.
We thank all applicants, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time