Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a PT Building Maintenance caretaker for a building in Richmond. This position is permanent and 25 hours a week.
Maintenance and Caretaking:
- Inspect for deficiencies, damage and wear and tear; correct all those deemed to be in the scope of your responsibility or expertise; arrange for contractor, where necessary, under the supervision of the Building Manager and Property Manager
- Report all incidents, accidents, or emergency situations to the Building Manager and Property Manager and prepare written reports.
- Oversee contracted trades people on-site.
- Check and replace all common area lighting including outside lights and hallway lights.
- Make sure storage areas and entrances to buildings are secure and clean.
- Repair, paint, and stain in common areas as required.
- Repair railings, locks, and door handles where possible.
Maintains the highest standards of Cleanliness by taking care of the following:
- Tidy and sort garbage areas, daily litter pick of grounds
- Check for garbage and check lights for burned out bulbs.
- Amenity Room: Periodically check lounge, vacuum, wipe down all surfaces, empty garbage, clean windows, organize furniture.
- Lobby & Washrooms: Vacuum and tidy, clean windows, check garbage, clean toilets and sinks. Mop floor, dust baseboards and furniture. Spot clean all glass.
- Periodically check gym, vacuum & mop floor, wipe down all surfaces, empty garbage, clean windows and mirrors.
- Security and Administrative: Report any security concerns in a timely manner. Ensure all units, storage areas etc. are kept secure and locked.
- Perform any special requests as per Manager, may be opportunity to provide relief for Building Manager. May be opportunity to provide maintenance services at other buildings.
- Personally ensures efficient operation of the building by:
- Inspecting all common areas daily, taking required action and maintaining accurate records
- Responding to emergency situations and liaising with first responders as appropriate
- Controlling and documenting petty cash used for authorized expenses
- Maintaining a current list of all equipment owned by the property
- Supervising removal of all waste and recycling material
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant walking and monitoring of building equipment and physical structure
- Use of computer equipment to produce documents
- Lifting, pulling and managing equipment and tools. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Working in all weather and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold.
- He/She must ensure that all activities are completed safely and efficiently.
- Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends
- Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore,
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)