Human Resource Generalist
Requirement of Position: Must reside in the Lac La Biche Area or be willing to relocate.
Date Posted: June 4th 2020
Position Title: Human Resource Generalist
Position location: Lac La Biche Alberta, T0AC0
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Company Contact: Human Resource Department
Start Date: Upon Successful Applicant Being Found
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or a related diploma is preferred. A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered. CPHR designation, or working towards, preferred.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm – Based on business needs
Salaried Position: Range from $50,000 – 80,000 based on experience
MAD Oilfield Solutions is based in Lac La Biche Alberta, with satellite offices in Fort McMurray. We service all over Northern Alberta with 33 years of experience providing superior solutions in the field of fluid hauling, vacuum services, industrial & Chemical cleaning. A family owned organization fuelled by new demands and opportunities. Our aim is to build strong, long term partnerships with our team members and customers. www.madoilfieldsolutions.ca
Safety First Period
People Helping People
Excellence of Execution
Willingness to Learn
Job Summary The Human Resources Generalist is a foundational role in the Human Resources team. It is responsible for providing working level professional Human Resources services to the team leaders, supervisors, and team members within MAD Oilfield Solutions. The organization may assign additional duties as required within the scope of the position.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection 50%
On-boarding and training 30%
Team member relations 20%
Recruitment and Selection (50%)
In conjunction with team leader and the front-line supervisors within all departments in the organization:
- Develop creative job postings
- Post and maintain all online advertisements for current positions.
- Pre-screen applicants and recommend individuals for interviews.
- Create and administers interview schedule.
- Conducts first-round and second round interviews.
- Conducts reference checks.
- Arranges all applicable safety training bookings and administers the schedule.
- Assist with recruitment of 3rd party contract team members for contract work and projects.
- Maintain current job descriptions and job requirements for departments.
- Participate in job fairs and company functions
On-boarding and Training (30%)
- Work with trainer on the development and maintenance of the training programs and schedules for all team members within MAD.
- Deliver the on-boarding for new team members within MAD and make recommendations for changes.
- Providing assistance to the Team Lead, Human Resources on administering the compensation and benefits programs.
Team Member Relations (20%)
- Pro-actively addressing team member issues in a confidential manner.
- Work with all departmental leader in recommending and implementing conflict resolutions solutions where needed.
- Policy Development and updating in line with legislation
- Program initiatives and implementation
- Works with Supervisor, Human Resources and the leaders on administering the performance management and progressive discipline programs and policy where required.
- Workload and schedules may vary depending on emergency situations and routine work that can be punctuated by a very busy period, this is a 24-hour business and the hours can be erratic.
- Travel may be required, and driving can occur in all weather conditions and to various customer and/or MAD Oilfield Solutions worksites.
- Jobs may require: sitting for moderate to long periods of time.
- The majority of the time will be spent in an office setting; however, field visits may be required.
- Job stressors can include multiple demands, shifting priorities and working under pressure to meet short deadlines.
To be successful in this role, the following are required:
- Ability to manage relationships and resolve issues and conflict in an effective, inclusive, transparent, and calm manner.
- Ability to communicate openly, to understand the perspectives and interests of others, and succinctly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to follow directions and express concerns and ideas clearly, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and be an effective team member who contributes positively to the end goals of the team while maintaining excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a detailed organizer and thinker, without losing sight of the bigger picture or goals and objectives that are to be achieved.
- Ability to be structured in the way work is organized and presented, without losing the need to be flexible to different approaches.
- Ability to be open-minded, honest, fair, supportive, and accountable for own actions.
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation (e.g., Employment Standards Act, Alberta Human Rights Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or a related diploma is preferred.
- A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- CPHR designation, or working towards, preferred.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Working knowledge of Provincial Employment Standards and Labour Laws, experience with labour relations negotiations and grievances.
Thank you for your time and consideration of this opportunity, MAD promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. MAD is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At MAD, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Important Message We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This position will remain posted until successful applicants are found.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Lac La Biche, AB (Required)