Team up with the Best People and the Best products!!
You are experienced in both the Parts Industry and as a Team Leader!! You are driven to find the right solution every time! You have a passion for Motor Sports and are mechanically inclined. Customer service, attention to detail and maintaining accurate inventory are second nature… not to mention your excellent communication skills!
We’ve been in the business of creating adventures for over 50 years. Martin Motor Sports is the number one Marine and Power Sports dealership in Western Canada, and we aim to prove why. Work where extraordinary happens- it’s what we do together that sets us apart!!
- Develop and execute a parts department marketing plan and monitor it monthly to ensure sustained sales growth and the achievement of departmental goals (KRA’s).
- Analyze monthly financial and management reports and use them to effectively manage the department and its profitability goals.
- Make corrections to a departmental operating plan as necessary with changing market conditions.
- Develop and implement practices that provide an “Industry Leading” customer experience.
- Identify and develop new customer and business opportunities to achieve yearly sales growth.
- Work with the aftermarket and marketing management teams to coordinate customer clinics, demo days, and related promotional events and trade shows.
- Maintain an effective, accurate, and up-to-date inventory control system
- Ensure that given guidelines are met for key operating criteria such as net income, gross margin, percent of fill, zero sales inventory, obsolescence and inventory count variances.
- Control inventory costs by utilizing supplier stock order programs for maximum benefit.
- Ensure that ordering guidelines are met with respect to vendor stock order percentages where applicable.
- Work with the Inventory Asset Manager to make sure the correct inventory is being stocked and available when needed.
- Assure timely completion and submission of parts warranty claims and returns to receive maximum credits from vendors.
- Analyze the staffing requirements of the department and develop a long-term plan to ensure that we have the necessary staff to meet these needs.
- Effectively manage and develop the parts team through effective performance management with review processes.
- Create and analyze staff training plans for department staff to ensure they are continually upgrading their skills.
- Ensure that proper Health & Safety processes and applicable training are in place to create a safe work environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of Parts Management experience (or Assistant Parts manager).
- Journeyman Parts Certificate (or equivalent years of trade experience).
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Office, Excel and Windows.
- Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and also in front of a group.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations.
- Familiarity with our Products is preferred.
- Ability to create, analyze and interpret internal reports and graphs.
- Excellent negotiating/conflict resolution skills.
- Solid coaching and employee development skills.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Full benefits package (RSP, Life & Disability, Medical/Dental)
- On-the-job Training.
- Employee Discounts!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Parts Management: 3 years (Preferred)