Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
Work Schedule :
- Participate in power transmission and distribution line projects.
- Participate in developing power line routing.
- Participate in the various steps of designing and preparing engineering documents associated with a transmission and distribution line project.
- Design transmission and distribution line supporting structures.
- Design foundations.
- Select the various line components: insulators, hardware, conductors and structures.
- Prepare plans and profiles and check electrical clearances.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports.
- Assist with existing line inspections.
- Ensure quality control of the work of engineers and drafters.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Creative and innovative in finding solutions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Cooperative and team spirit
- Hold strong business development skills
- Demonstrate leadership
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Construction Engineering
- At least five years of experience
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Experience with transmission and distribution lines
- Available to visit our clients from 5 to 10% of the time
- Strong technical writing skills
- Bilingual (English and French)
- ASP Construction card (BBA can support training)
- Asset: Knowledge of PLS-CADD Suite