NOTE - hire level/title commensurate with experience.
Why Oracle NetSuite?
One word - transformation.
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay, and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient, and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive the business forward. Founded in 1998 as THEcloud ERP pioneer, Oracle’s NetSuite global business unit has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At Oracle NetSuite, we work hard, and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trailblazers. Oracle NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission, and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of NetSuite’s Professional Services implementations of the on-demand NetSuite application. Under NetSuite’s SuiteSuccess Methodology guidance, the resource will drive the delivery of NetSuite’s Professional Services engagements according to the agreed-upon scope, time, and budget – all while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager is a key player in managing, tracking, and communicating the progress of projects and ensuring the quality delivery of Oracle NetSuite’s Professional Services. From Initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning customer-specific engagements, managing the business requirements development, review, and signoff process, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks. The Project Manager will manage multiple concurrent projects and work with several resources within a matrix environment.
From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for the construction, presentation, and signoffs of key deliverables such as Project Kickoffs, Project Plans, Change Orders, regular Status and Risk reports. They will also facilitate planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations in regards to project scope, the NetSuite delivery model, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management processes, communication, and risk management plans.
- Plan, manage and communicate the progress of the project, achieving project milestones and maintaining the momentum of the project
- Facilitate resolution of issues and roadblocks
- Provide pre-sales support
- Communication to prospective and current customers the Oracle NetSuite Methodology
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Strong Project Manager role experience, including a significant portfolio of full lifecycle ERP solutions or comparable software delivery implementations. Cloud platform experience is strongly preferred. NetSuite solution experience is a plus.
- At least 5 years of cumulative relevant role experience, ideally with a software vendor and/or professional services practice.
- Significant Software industry vertical domain solution experience.
- Experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, ideally using Microsoft Project.
- Excellent understanding of common industry-standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), SalesForce Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management, and Quotas), Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment) as well as support (Cases Management and Territory Management).
- Strong client management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into workable world-class software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with Sales, Account Management, and Executive stakeholders.
- Formal Project Management methodology training, with significant practical use. Certifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) are a plus.
- Ability to travel on a modest to moderate basis, as appropriate.
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion. https://www.oracle.com/corporate/careers/culture/diversity.html
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
A fully competent project management professional who has a broad understanding of solutions and industry best practices. This first-level project management position provides consistent creative and high quality solution leadership ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
Employs independent judgment in guiding moderately complex activities involved in the successful implementation of an integrated business solution, ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer’s satisfaction. Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle’s solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle’s methodologies, policies, and procedures while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle’s risk and exposure. As a project lead, assists project team with aspects of their roles. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of small projects and sub-projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 0-5 years of project management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.